Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally out of prison.

Site Supporter

Finally out of prison.

I left Oct. 30th after a hard six month stent. OK, not too hard. It was a medium security facility. But still, I'm glad to be out.
    I started as a Corrections Officer April 20th. This job isn't for everybody, and I'm one of them it's not for. I took personally the hate and animosity from the other side of the bars. It was draining me emotionally.
    I'm proud that my Sargent, Lieutenant, and fellow COs all expressed how much they would miss me. I leave with no animosity to or from my fellow workers. I'm just glad to be moving to a position that pays more with less stress.
    Bless you guys on the streets. My short stent as a CO leaves me even more impressed with what you guy deal with on every shift.

Site Supporter
    Well done, for having done the job earnestly, for recognizing when you should stop, and for acting on that realization. It’s a hard environment; I say that from the perspective of having been a CO, a uniformed LEO, and a plainclothes investigator. Godspeed on your new professional path.

Good for you dude.

My #1 piece of advice for anyone starting a LE/Corrections career is "have a plan in case it isn't for you."

I stayed way too long after I figured out I was in the wrong job, because I needed the money.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I left Oct. 30th after a hard six month stent. OK, not too hard. It was a medium security facility. But still, I'm glad to be out.
    I started as a Corrections Officer April 20th. This job isn't for everybody, and I'm one of them it's not for. I took personally the hate and animosity from the other side of the bars. It was draining me emotionally.
    I'm proud that my Sargent, Lieutenant, and fellow COs all expressed how much they would miss me. I leave with no animosity to or from my fellow workers. I'm just glad to be moving to a position that pays more with less stress.
    Bless you guys on the streets. My short stent as a CO leaves me even more impressed with what you guy deal with on every shift.
    Im actually going through a similar thing. tomorrow will be my last day at my current job, I work in a homeless shelter. I just landed a full time job in the parks and rec department in my town and i can't wait to get out of here. no more meth heads, no more taking children from their parents, no more playing the therapist for everybody. no more spotting somebody down the street and having to turn around and walk away because its my weekend and im with my daughter and i don't want them knowing who she is. the new job pays more plus comes with an amazing benefits package. ill be driving the zamboni in an ice rink during the winter and doing grounds keeping during the summer. just go to work, do your shit and leave. ittl be like a fucking island vacation.

Dude.

I always wanted to be a zamboni driver.

One can be good AT the "helping professions" without them being good FOR you.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

You learned about yourself and the people that make up this world. Good On Ya and all the Best in your new endeavor!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Good on you for doing what's right by you - too many people try to 'suck it up' and it does nothing good for them or their families in the long run.

I did three ride-alongs with a close friend in our state's largest metro PD, and that's all it took for me to know it wasn't for me. He's still an officer with that PD, 14 or 15 years in now, and they're damn lucky to have him.
    To this day I admire the hell out of the cognizance and restraint that everyone in LE must maintain pretty much 24/7/365. I can do a lot of things, but I couldn't do that and stay the person that I like to be and live the life that I want to live.

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Im actually going through a similar thing. tomorrow will be my last day at my current job, I work in a homeless shelter. I just landed a full time job in the parks and rec department in my town and i can't wait to get out of here. no more meth heads, no more taking children from their parents, no more playing the therapist for everybody. no more spotting somebody down the street and having to turn around and walk away because its my weekend and im with my daughter and i don't want them knowing who she is. the new job pays more plus comes with an amazing benefits package. ill be driving the zamboni in an ice rink during the winter and doing grounds keeping during the summer. just go to work, do your shit and leave. ittl be like a fucking island vacation.
    You get to drive the Zamboni?! AWESOMENESS!!
    Last edited by Coyotesfan97; 11-05-2019 at 12:36 AM.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Bigguy here’s to your next endeavor!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Congratulations! I'm glad something else came up for you.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List