Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apex Tactical "What We Carry"

I like my Comptac Minotaur and don't care what this board (group)thinks. If you need a tuckable IWB, it's an option. If you don't need to tuck, then yes, maybe others are a better choice.

I think the Alien (or whatever) mesh\neoprene thing gave hybrid holsters a bad rap.
    Last edited by BigD; 11-05-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Hybrid holsters are generally focused around comfort vs anything else. Makers like Crossbreed and Alien Gear tend to leave too much material around the sweat shield which interferes with getting a full firing grip. Alien Gear has cookie cutter backings for sub-compact, compact and full-sized guns but it’s far from ideal. Crossbreed charges an extra $7 (last I checked) to provide what they call a “Combat Cut” to trim away the excess material so it doesn’t impede your draw. Obviously getting an unimpressive grip should be essential to the construction of any quality holster, but those two are some of the greatest offenders but are highly praised by the majority of CCWers because they simply don’t know better.

Another significant issue is the leather backing to some of the holsters. After a while the backing will start to sag over the mouth of the holster which can be a recipe for disaster. In my novice CCW days I had a Crossbreed and after a month experienced said sagging and would either use my hand to hold it out of the way or use the muzzle to push the material out of the way (pointing the gun at myself). The latter is common to a lot of CCWers who don’t know better.

There are far fewer hybrid holsters done right than done shitty and get all sorts of praise from the underinformed/inexperienced.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    ...he certainly has a lot of opinions in general.
    He has a big following. When a person has a big following, and assuming that the person wants to keep it that way (meaning both 'big' and 'satisfied'), that person needs content.

User Tag List