Thread: Thoughts on this 30-1?

Thoughts on this 30-1?

Any thoughts on this:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/843409640

I want a .32... but I really want a K frame.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Since that's a quarter to a fifth of the going price for a Model 16....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

It has already gone over what I wanted to pay.

Site Supporter
    At the current price of $505, it's still a fair price. However, if it's not what you want, you should move on.

I got VERY lucky on my Model 16 32SWL. Not only was it the only one I've seen in the wild, it was so under-priced I could have immediately flipped it for triple my money or more. Pure luck on my part and I haven't seen another one since. Point being, if you want a k-frame 32SWL, be prepared to wait and have a lot of money set aside. Or...Get a newer one in 32H&R or an old M&P 32-20, both of which seem to be slightly more common (I have the latter as well).

32 K-frames are kind of a sweet spot in the frame class IMO. A bit more punch than 22lr, sublime if you reload, but not as "blasty" as a 38 (only slightly tongue in cheek). I need to spend more time shooting mine for fun, but I always "need" to do drills and such with my 9mm or j-frame.

Chris

In the long list of things I should have done differently with guns....I did not buy a Model 16 back when the 32 H&R first hit the streets. I can still remember pawing one at Oshman's Sporting Goods in the 4" variety...I wish I had bought that gun and kept it.

User Tag List