Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pregnant FL woman saves husband's life with AR15

Unpossible. I've been told that AR15s aren't used for self defense.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Or any gun for that matter. The criminals just take them from the shaking hands of the fearful citizen, or so I've been told.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Recoil light enough even expecting mom's can handle it effectively.

Is it weird that one of my first thoughts was "wow, I hope the kid's ears are ok?"

Because in utero hearing damage is A Thing.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Is it weird that one of my first thoughts was "wow, I hope the kid's ears are ok?"

Adds a new meaning to "think of the kids!" when talking about gun control, silencers, etc.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

To be fair, if moms reaching for the long gun hearing damage is the least of anyone’s immediate concerns.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 11-04-2019 at 08:56 PM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    In fact, I've read that here.

"Paging Dr. Glenn Meyer...Dr. Meyer to the white courtesy phone, please."

I've shown the Dom Raso AR-15 NRA video to countless people. He makes a pretty strong AR15 home defense argument in it.

Whenever I hear "I was sitting there minding my own damn bidness when the home invasion robbery of an occupied dwelling happened for no reason" I give a German Shepherd-esque head tilt.
    Right there with you. "Home invasion" is news speak for "drug rip", but there are some outliers. There have been a couple legit home invasions here. One was probably targeted because they were rich and careless about who did work in their house. Another wasn't because they were rich, but they were careless about hiring ex-cons in their business.

I'm interested in the follow up on the OP incident.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Right there with you. "Home invasion" is news speak for "drug rip", but there are some outliers. There have been a couple legit home invasions here. One was probably targeted because they were rich and careless about who did work in their house. Another wasn't because they were rich, but they were careless about hiring ex-cons in their business.

I'm interested in the follow up on the OP incident.
    Or, you can be 5 year old me, with my 3 year old sister, and my Mom, minding their own business in their own home that just happened to be down the street from a perfectly normal middle class house inhabited by a weed/coke dealer and regrettably painted the same color as his house.

Post from 2018 detailing the event:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post745442

Lock your doors and make sure Mom has a gun.

This event hits home for me in a big way, for obvious reasons. I am very, very happy they could protect themselves.
    Last edited by JRB; 11-05-2019 at 08:09 AM.

User Tag List