Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surefire XR1

Surefire XR1

Anyone have any ideas when this compact light is suppose to be released? I want one on black Friday for a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    Anyone have any ideas when this compact light is suppose to be released? I want one on black Friday for a good deal.
    This is just for other's info. Friday, I called both Surefire about the XR1 and Streamlight about the new TLR7 with the upgraded controls. Neither had a release date for me.

Just need a compact carry light sooner than later since it gets dark thirty at 4:30 these days in Wis.

The X300 is a great light, just having difficulty running it AIWB and a compact light should allow me to do that on a better rig for me.

I've been waiting forever too. I have been thinking about trying the olight pl mini 2 in the meantime. I was in the woods two nights ago putting memory cards in my trail cameras and my headlamp died on me again. So I took off my original xc1 and used it to get home. I was shocked how dull it was in reality. The pattern is way to wide and offers no throw.

Does anyone know if that Tenicor holster will fit a g19 with olight pl mini 2?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    This is just for other's info. Friday, I called both Surefire about the XR1 and Streamlight about the new TLR7 with the upgraded controls. Neither had a release date for me.

Just need a compact carry light sooner than later since it gets dark thirty at 4:30 these days in Wis.

The X300 is a great light, just having difficulty running it AIWB and a compact light should allow me to do that on a better rig for me.
    For the price, you might try the Nightstick 550XL. Same size profile as a TLR7, and fits Safariland holsters made for the TLR7. We've been playing with a couple here, and so far I'm pretty impressed. 550 lumens, good switching, and pretty durable...all for around $95. Price is too good not to at least try it, in my opinion.

The TLR-7A is already available in limited quantities. I believe F3 Tactical had some in stock a week or two ago. If they had a high switch version I would have snagged one. From online posts I've seen anywhere from late November to mid/late December for official release. Hopefully they should be on the shelves in time for the holidays.

XR1 seems to have no new info about it since SHOT. I wouldn't count on these being available until SHOT 2020 at the earliest. Although personally I would choose the TLR-7A over the XR1 due to the throw. The throw on my XC1-B is really abysmal for anything beyond room distances. I can't imagine the XR1 being that much better. I really wish they would have ditched the Maxvision on the XR1 and gone with a more traditional beam pattern.
    Last edited by js475; 11-10-2019 at 05:25 PM.

JS475, I did see that about the TLR7A with the lower control switches, but like you, I want the higher controls as well.

Someone asked earlier about the Tenicor holster. The new Sagax Lux AIWB has the following for a description on their website:

"UNIVERSAL LIGHT FIT | The SAGAX LUX is compatible with a variety of compact weapon lights (the Streamlight TLR7, Surefire XC1-B, XC2, and the Inforce APLc). Retention is not dependent on the light, so the holster works without a light as well."

This holster is on my short list for AIWB carry. I wanted to try and carry a Roland Special type but that's just not going to work AIWB for me. This compact light is the best answer for me for AIWB and OWB or IWB strong side will have to do for the RS.

Site Supporter
    The Nightstick 550xl will work with the sagax lux. It does not work with the phlster for the original TLR7. I like the Nightstick other than the paddles are too easy to trip and I trip them by accident sometimes.

Edited to add:
    The Sagax Lux requires at least partial full height trigger guard to retain well. It also doesn't like slide profiles other than stock. The retention is basically pressing the top of the slide against the bottom of the trigger guard.
    Last edited by wmu12071; 11-10-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    The Nightstick 550xl will work with the sagax lux. It does not work with the phlster for the original TLR7. I like the Nightstick other than the paddles are too easy to trip and I trip them by accident sometimes.

Edited to add:
    The Sagax Lux requires at least partial full height trigger guard to retain well. It also doesn't like slide profiles other than stock. The retention is basically pressing the top of the slide against the bottom of the trigger guard.
    I tried the 550xl and also found the paddles too easy to activate for my preference but everything else about the light seemed legit in my few days of testing, and yeah, it works fine in the Sagax Lux... I ended up going with the TLR7.

Also I have Suarez Slide on my G19.3 and it works fine with the Sagax Lux. YMMV.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I tried the 550xl and also found the paddles too easy to activate for my preference but everything else about the light seemed legit in my few days of testing, and yeah, it works fine in the Sagax Lux... I ended up going with the TLR7.

Also I have Suarez Slide on my G19.3 and it works fine with the Sagax Lux. YMMV.

I have a Brownell's rmr slide and it runs the edges pretty hard and would probably effect the fit with standard slides if I used it all the time.

I think I am going to try that nightstick for that price. Are the toggles more sensitive than a tlr-1? I'm not too worried about sensitive toggles. Most of the time I have lights while I'm on my property at night. More or less for animals than humans. I'd like to try the olight pl mini 2 because I heard it will fit a px4 compact. I also found some holster makers for g26 and g43 for that light with the recover tactical rail attached to them. It's kind of pointless, but I do dig being able to put lights on guns that don't even have a rail for some reason.

User Tag List