Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surefire XR1

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I think I am going to try that nightstick for that price. Are the toggles more sensitive than a tlr-1?
    Yes they are, by a lot. It's a very short and easy tap that activates them and it's very easy to bump them on inadvertently. Had I been willing to spend some time working with it I may have overcome the issue but I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    This is just for other's info. Friday, I called both Surefire about the XR1 and Streamlight about the new TLR7 with the upgraded controls. Neither had a release date for me.

Just need a compact carry light sooner than later since it gets dark thirty at 4:30 these days in Wis.

The X300 is a great light, just having difficulty running it AIWB and a compact light should allow me to do that on a better rig for me.
    Check out Nightstick’s TLR7 clone, I don’t have any experience with it but @voodoo_man likes them. I believe they’re on par with Streamlight in terms of quality.

https://www.amazon.com/Nightstick-TC...language=en_US

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Check out Nightstick’s TLR7 clone, I don’t have any experience with it but @voodoo_man likes them. I believe they’re on par with Streamlight in terms of quality.

https://www.amazon.com/Nightstick-TC...language=en_US
    Yes, I am actually working on a carry setup for the tcm-550xl. It is superior to the tlr7 in every way.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Does anyone know if the nightstick 550 will fit a JM custom aiwb wing claw for a g19 made for the tlr-7? I'm going to try the tenicor, but I am usually not fond of built in wedge designs into the holster, so I don't know if it will work for me or not.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Yes, I am actually working on a carry setup for the tcm-550xl. It is superior to the tlr7 in every way.
    VM, what did you think of the switch controls on the 550XL? Too light and too sensitive or GTG?

Quote Originally Posted by Clay1 View Post
    VM, what did you think of the switch controls on the 550XL? Too light and too sensitive or GTG?
    I've never had any issues with the original tlr7 controls.

That said, the pedals on the 550xl work awesome.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    Does anyone know if the nightstick 550 will fit a JM custom aiwb wing claw for a g19 made for the tlr-7? I'm going to try the tenicor, but I am usually not fond of built in wedge designs into the holster, so I don't know if it will work for me or not.
    10mmfanboy, I will check if our 19/17 holsters w/ TLR7 work and let you know. We are getting specific molds for the the 19 and 17 w/ the Nightstick 550 though.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List