Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Be advised; Jack Ryan Season II is Up!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I like that there's more Clark this season. But, still not enough.
    Without Remorse is my absolute favorite novel, and Clark my favorite character of the Clancy books.

I look forward to seeing him portrayed, but I'm certain I'll never be satisfied.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    "Where’d you get that bling from?"

"It was my dad’s ring from the Naval Academy."

"Well hang onto it, man, it might come in handy. In case you need to knock a motherfucker out, or something..."
    Lmao some really terrible dialogue and ridiculous action scenes in season 2 (just like season 1).

The Venezuelan storylines were fun. On the other hand, I think I’m kinda over the “Lone Wolf” spy stories of the past. The gun play is almost unwatchable and cringeworthy on the level of a British tv show.

That being said, I was a big Clancy fan in the 90’s and I’m gonna keep watching until Bunk dies and Jim from the Office ascends to the Presidency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who writes this crap?

Fool me twice...shame on me.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Credulity, already strained, was rent when a US official in London, not even on official business (not that it would matter) was portrayed carrying a pistol, and firing it at a fleeing suspect apparently without any legal repercussions. Laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Credulity, already strained, was rent when a US official in London, not even on official business (not that it would matter) was portrayed carrying a pistol, and firing it at a fleeing suspect apparently without any legal repercussions. Laughable.
    ...and later flies off to Caracas with no repercussions whatsoever. Apparently, Bob's his uncle.

But as we now know, it gets even more ridiculous thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    ...and later flies off to Caracas with no repercussions whatsoever. Apparently, Bob's his uncle.

But as we now know, it gets even more ridiculous thereafter.
    I loved Annabelle. Jack found out kittens have sharp teeth!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    I loved Annabelle. Jack found out kittens have sharp teeth!
    Another one Ray Charles could have seen coming. When the BG bought that, I knew somebody was going to get stabbed with it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Ep 7 and 8 were slightly more entertaining.

November wins for best moment in the season, but I'll skip the spoiler details.
    I don't know whether it was intentional, or just my lens, but from the time he showed up on screen, I kept waiting for November to turn out bad.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

If there's a third season, I hope they get some (talented) writers next time around. I haven't read any of the Clancy novels in many a year but this does no justice to the character nor the series. Not worth commenting further.

User Tag List