Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be advised; Jack Ryan Season II is Up!

Be advised; Jack Ryan Season II is Up!

Season 1 had some promise. Hopefully they ironed out the dumb stuff this go around.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    The main character has what my wife and I call a very punchable face. However, we both love Wendell Pierce from The Wire, so we will watch it as we did season 1.
    Last edited by Medusa; 11-01-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    The main character has what my wife and I call a very punchable face. However, we both love Wendell Pierce from The Wire, so we will watch it as we did season 1.
    Wendell Pierce is playing Bunk Morgan playing Jim Greer. I was a little concerned but given what a little SJW Bitch the Jack Ryan in this show is, the Bunk is welcome.

In defense of the liberal character portrayal , a modern analyst (especially in some government agencies) won’t usually be a gun shooting , meat eating badass. A mental poll of my analyst coworkers trends 70/30 left leaning.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I liked season 1 -- and Ryan's gradual development from an uncompromising idealist into a reluctant realist living in a world of moral ambiguity where bad guys aren't just pure evil but are products of their environments that still sometimes just need to be put down.

So far season 2 lacks that depth & detail; it is just rah rah good guys vs bad guys and any foreigner not acting in the US's interest is just a bad guy.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 11-01-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    In defense of the liberal character portrayal , a modern analyst (especially in some government agencies) won’t usually be a gun shooting , meat eating badass. A mental poll of my analyst coworkers trends 70/30 left leaning.
    Yeah as two married women we don’t really have a problem with a lack of “meat eating bad asses” and have certainly been annoyed by plenty of those on screen and off. It just depends on the character. He’s annoying for different reasons, and is kind of implausible. It’s still a moderately okay show and we’re probably gonna watch an episode right about now.
    Last edited by Medusa; 11-01-2019 at 11:35 PM.

I've enjoyed the opening graphics and montage. The blending of images is well done.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I liked season 1 -- and Ryan's gradual development from an uncompromising idealist into a reluctant realist living in a world of moral ambiguity where bad guys aren't just pure evil but are products of their environments that still sometimes just need to be put down.

So far season 2 lacks that depth & detail; it is just rah rah good guys vs bad guys and any foreigner not acting in the US's interest is just a bad guy.
    So far the bad guys haven’t been one dimensional. The Venezuelan police Captain was a dirtbag, but he clearly was a dirtbag by circumstance .
    The Minority Marksman.
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Uh-oh, Marwan's back. Maybe Jack Ryan can finish Jack Bauer's work.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

OMG they killed *****! bastards!!

However, we both love Wendell Pierce from The Wire, so we will watch it as we did season 1.
    He was good in Treme too.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 11-02-2019 at 04:29 AM.

User Tag List