Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lies you tell yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Here's one of my favorites,

"I'm going to get rid of all of my guns. Then I'm going to buy two HK VP9s, two Colt 6920s, and two Remington 870s and that's it, that's all the guns I'm going to have for the rest of my life."
    I've got this ashtray, and that's all I need. This ashtray and this paddle game, and that's all I need. And this remote control. This ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’m going to get a control on the amount of Mexican food I consume.
    Replace this with "ice cream" and that's me.

Okay... ice cream AND Mexican food.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Do you have an inventory list somewhere?
    Maybe.

Maybe not.

Maybe fuck yourself.

You know my theory on inventory lists? They're for Feds. And we treat Feds like mushrooms, feed 'em shit and keep 'em in the dark.

(Start at 1:43)

Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-01-2019 at 03:40 PM.

I'm gonna give up the Kalashnikov after 20 years and just run ARs.

I only have two remaining, my home built rifle and a Draco.

Site Supporter

"I'm going to get rid of all of my guns. Then I'm going to buy two HK VP9s, two Colt 6920s, and two Remington 870s and that's it, that's all the guns I'm going to have for the rest of my life."

I usually tell myself this bold-faced lie when I'm sorting gun stuff, ammo, or cleaning guns...It's funny when you lie to yourself. I sit around grumbling about it, then an hour later, I find myself sitting on the couch, surfing Gunbroker, putting obscure antique handguns on my watch list and contemplating how awesome it's gonna be, when I make the permanent move and get my C&R FFL...
    Same, but with Steyr AUGs and Glock 19s.

Then I go and buy a Brownells BRN-10A, and start thinking about creating a "Colt War 7.62 NATO" rifle collection....

I..

..should sell off anything I haven't shot in (fill in) years.

..will never use that many P2000 mags.

..need more P30 mags.

..should practice less with my carry gun.

..will start shooting more carbine.

..will start shooting more shotgun.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    I’m almost done. That’s what I keep telling myself. I have been downsizing. I keep saying less guns but better guns. Now I try to have a plan instead of playing shiny Bauble. But plans change. My 9mm needs were covered by Glocks and HKs. Now the HKs are going. The HKs have been replaced by LTT berettas. I wish I could keep everything but I can’t my S&W revolver collection has grown; and I admit I was just bidding on an old Steyr SSG with a kahles scope and green stock. I didn’t win it. Which I guess that was a good thing. I guess I’m just trying to scratch itches from years ago. Life is too short for ugly guns, ugly women; and cheap whiskey

“I don’t need another affordable, well built folding knife on Amazon”
    #RESIST

I need a 50cc Chainsaw for those times that carrying a 60cc saw be too tiring and a 40cc saw would be powerful enough.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

All I need is a Glock or two, should have never left the platform in the first place. I will downsize, can't shoot more than one at a time anyhow. SIMP!!!

...damn STI thread got me. I sold an MP5K-PDW clone (that I haven't shot in a while) to fund a Staccato P. So I am straying again and not quite downsizing.

I will admit I really don't know much about 1911s or 2011s. Lots to learn, like should I drop the slide on an empty chamber?

"I'm going to get rid of all of my guns. Then I'm going to buy ......., that's all the guns I'm going to have for the rest of my life."
    I will save that for when I get what a relative got. A diagnosis with a sub 20% chance of survival.

Good news if everything they thought wouldn't happen, did. (beat the odds)
    It also means I can now think of going back to the range. (been months, planned on going right before I found out and thought/learned I may need to be tested for organ donation) No Idea @Nephrology, but I figured best to keep lead and anything foreign out of Kidney's in case of donation.

Mine is some day, I won't think that line from Monty's Python's song is accurate. (Life's a piece of shit, when you look at it)

User Tag List