Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Lies you tell yourself...

Site Supporter
    I do not need a LTT Centurion
    I do not need a LTT Centurion because I have a few Berettas

I do not need an HK SP5... (looks at $2500+ price tag...hmmmmm)

I do not need a LTT Centurion and LTT Compact with trigger jobs from Mr Langdon.....
    Last edited by JRB; 12-05-2019 at 04:26 AM.

The lie was that I wasn't going to buy any guns until my birthday in July. I told myself this in October after I had gone on another spree and bought 4 nice used guns, an S&W 6906, Beretta 81BB, CZ P-07 custom, and a rough looking Jericho 941. Since then, I have one gun coming from a Gunbroker seller, a rare non-ported Taurus 608, and will probably buy a friend's Taurus PT-92AF SS he doesn't want, as I miss my Beretta 92FS and I like the frame mounted safety on the Taurus better. And there is another "want list" gun on GB I'm fighting the urge to grab up. It's hard when I have a nice chunk of cash in the bank and don't have the expenses I used to have to worry about anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I'm done building ARs
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Proof that these aren't just lies, they're damn lies
    Now building a 7.5" or 10.5" braced 9mm AR pistol that uses M&P mags is tugging at my wallet yet I haven't had my braced Scorpion out to the range in almost a year and the Ruger PCC I've had for ~6 months has been to the range once with maybe three mags through it.

Damn lies and madness, that what it is...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I was telling myself earlier this week: “Well, I guess I’m done buying guns. All gun-project money has to go to finish the two rifles that aren’t usable ATM, and then just ammo and matches and training from here on out.”

So I went to the LGS today to look for parts for my .270 - bases and rings - and ended up putting layaway money on a G17.5, one of the first ones with a grip cutout and the dust cover taper doesn’t *quite* match the slide. Looks like it may have had a box or two through it. No box, no back-straps, one magazine with a pristine follower. Trigger is perfect.

$350. That’s less than I paid for my used G26.3 two years ago.

Dang it. Guess I’m not done yet, after all.

Me before getting on pistol forum: “I know a lot about guns”

“I’ve been thinkin’ I knew a lot about guns for years!”

User Tag List