Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just one of Elmer Keith's S&Ws for sale...

Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    Along with almost every gun writer of that era. How many young shooters know who Jack O'Connor was? When he passed his obituary appeared in the New York Times; today, you rarely read his name unless a writer needs an extra 50-words for a blog-post on the .270 Winchester.

Occasionally, his Complete Book of Rilfles and Shotguns sits on my supplementary bookshelf at work to expose the youngins to the master.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 11-04-2019 at 08:19 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I have a bunch of his books. Jack O was a pretty good writer. I believe he was a journalism professor at U of A and actually could write.

Elmer, eh, not so much. Kind of a blow hard.

I could buy a new Honda Civic for that price
    And stop at the gun store on the way home.

Anyone can buy a new Honda Civic, and thus everyone can own one.

Not everyone can own a .38/44, let alone one owned/used by Elmer Keith.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    I dunno, Skeeter Skeltons books are still climbing in value. Holy Smoke!
    From a sheer reading pleasure standpoint, I prefer Skeeter's works to Elmer's. I may actually divest myself of my EK books as I just don't have much interest in re-reading them, but my Skeeter Skelton books will remain as I still thumb through them periodically.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    From a sheer reading pleasure standpoint, I prefer Skeeter's works to Elmer's. I may actually divest myself of my EK books as I just don't have much interest in re-reading them, but my Skeeter Skelton books will remain as I still thumb through them periodically.

Chris
    I sold of my Skeeter books many years back, I had read them so many times that the idea of reading them again made me feel a little queasy. Fast forward to today and I'm looking for a replacement set.

I've re-read "Hell, I was there!" almost once a year since I got it. My copy is losing pages now, and I'm looking for another copy. I re-read this book around the time we get our first real snow fall. Tradition, I guess.

User Tag List