Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .38 125-grain Coated Lead Bullets for a Snubby

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Well try out a hand full before you go buying them in cases. My 686 runs the 147 Extreme plated well enough for USPSA but my 625 absolutely refuses to shoot their 230s. No matter how many loads I work up it's a 12" shotgun pattern at 25 yards with no tumbling, just craptastic grouping. Any 230 coated is 10 ring all day long with about whatever powder I grab.
    Roger that. I always buy a sample pack (usually 100) to try before going in the whole hog.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I should check my barrels...
    I've used coated bullets from SNS, Blue Bullets, Missouri Bullet, Bayou Bullets, and Brazos Precision.

Worst I've ever seen are Brazos. They are crazy cheap but the mess they leave behind isn't worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I'm about done messing with coated bullets. The only one that I have found to reliably not leave any lead behind are Blue Bullets. And for what they charge, another 5 - 10 cents a bullet more gets me a plated bullet of the same weight which leave my barrels spotless.
    I've ditched the coated bullets for my autos. The prices aren't that much different than Speer FMJ. Probably has something to do with sales volume. I watch for sales and stock up when I find those. Sometimes I shoot indoors in the winter and those ranges don't like coated bullets. I still shoot coated in my revolvers outdoors.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I've ditched the coated bullets for my autos. The prices aren't that much different than Speer FMJ. Probably has something to do with sales volume. I watch for sales and stock up when I find those. Sometimes I shoot indoors in the winter and those ranges don't like coated bullets. I still shoot coated in my revolvers outdoors.
    I have 100 more loaded rounds of coated lead 9 mm. That's it. The other 900 that I keep ready loaded at all times now has 147 gr RNFP plated bullets from Rocky Mountain Reloading.

All my 38 Spcl loads are topped with 158 gr RNFP plated from Everglades Ammunition.

I’ve never used it, but Brazos Precision has a coated 125 TK.

User Tag List