Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Safariland is the Devil

I ordered an ALS holster for a G48 on 9/9. I called to check on it yesterday. It's scheduled to ship on 11/8. Orders from HolsterOps used to arrive within days.

I try to buy from third party vendors who actually have the product in stock, but nobody had the holster for the 48.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

To S'lands credit

Within the last two years, I purchased from Safariland's website, a holster for Glock 21 with light. I ordered right hand and double checked my order before I hit the "buy" button. The holster came in.........it was for a left handed shooter. I called CS, gave them my order number. Sure 'nuff, my order was right. The lady I spoke to emailed me a return label. I sent the holster back the same day I received it. Within 3-4 weeks I had my correct holster.

Sure it was a pain to get the wrong holster......send it back......and wait for the correct holster to show up. They made it right and it didn't cost me anything but time. Can't ask for more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    They are a victim of their own success. They took over a market that was, 25-30 years ago, spread around among five or more players. Now they are expected to produce holsters for a dizzying array of pistols, lights, finishes, LH/RH, etc. That creates THOUSANDS of SKUs and about that many headaches, foul ups and delays. It's very interesting to be inside the LE industry and see what I get to see of the struggles dealing with suppliers, manufacturers, customers, dealers, etc. It's maddening at times.
    That may be true but Bill Rogers and HolsterOps always quickly got me the holster I was looking for! Bill’s passion for all things shooting transferred to how HolsterOps operated.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    When my department had problems with some safariland duty holsters. (Mostly User error) Tommy Campbell came to our department and replaced all of our SLS holsters with ALS holsters for free. You can’t beat that. When we were searching for 1911 duty holsters I tried every duty holster I could get. The safariland ALS was clearly the best available.
    40 years ago there was basically three duty guns and no mounted white lights. S&W N frame, S&W K frame/ Ruger security six, Colt python/ S&W L frame. Today I can’t even count how many duty guns are available.
    Last edited by Poconnor; 11-01-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    It's very interesting to be inside the LE industry and see what I get to see of the struggles dealing with suppliers, manufacturers, customers, dealers, etc. It's maddening at times.
    Maybe if they got more competent former practitioners inside the industry things would get better?

And yet another attaboy for HolsterOps. The only less than good experience I had with them was in trying to get an RDS compatible duty holster from them for my M&P.

I had it happen too! Ordered a holster for a PX4 and ended up with a Glock holster. The dealer thought I'd switched holsters on him and charged me a restocking fee. Never bought from that company again (ECop). They said they'd never had that problem with a big company like Safariland.

On another note, what's the current Safariland coupon code?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    This thread scared me. I checked my holster (still waiting on some parts for my 320) and it was marked the same. Seems though that it is supposed to be marked M&P. I tested it and it fit very well and even had a great channel for the large suppressor height front sight. I guess it is good to know I can also use it for an M&P or dump it off to my buddy if I decide to get rid of the 320.

I received my GLS G23 holster as ordered. Will be trying it out next week as a possible replacement for the ALS.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    I received my GLS G23 holster as ordered. Will be trying it out next week as a possible replacement for the ALS.
    I tried GLS when it came out and found I really dislike the middle finger release. IMO it is totally not a retention holster, I can’t see how it would stop grabs. When I wearing ALS instead of IWB, it’s because I’m in the hood.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List