Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Safariland is the Devil

I have the GLS holster on my competition rig. I participated in a LE only three gun match using that holster and my G5 34 was secure the whole time even with me jumping around.

The GLS holster I have is the long one and I’ve used it to hold a few Beretta 92 variants and a S&W 952 with no issues whatsoever.

I don’t think I would use this holster for social work, but it does what I need it to do at the range.

Oh, I do think GLS will secure a gun against movement - my only issue is in an attempted snatch.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Oh, I do think GLS will secure a gun against movement - my only issue is in an attempted snatch.
    Amen. I’ve discouraged coworkers from using it for the same reason. The retention will be deactivated by the hand of the person trying to take the gun.

GLS is a great holster on the ATV, bike, snow machine, in the boat, or out in the woods.

When talking about holsters, I think we use "retention" and "security" too interchangeably. They are complementary, but different.
    Last edited by ST911; 11-02-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    OK, so it looks like I jumped the gun on this but it is still a communications issue on Safariland’s part hopefully this will help others in the same boat.

Even though the holster is marked for an M&P 5” it is apparently the correct holster for both the SIG and the M&P. I was told they had fit issues with the early P320 RDS holsters. The latest version is marked for the M&P 5” but it fits both the M&P And the SIG. If you are not running a 5 inch gun, you need to either run it with a light attached or swap out the barrel plug for the 320 Carry / Compact or standard length M&P.
    Glad it worked out for you. Also thanks for the knowledge on the dual fitting holster. As an M&P guy looking for a RDS holster that's useful information.👍🏻

New department wide LE red dot pistol policy, November 2019 — any pistol that you can get a Safariland holster for.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    L
    Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Glad it worked out for you. Also thanks for the knowledge on the dual fitting holster. As an M&P guy looking for a RDS holster that's useful information.👍🏻
    The holster I ordered is billed as fitting both the SIG P320 full-size/M17 and the compact/carry size. It has a muzzle plug for the 4.7 inch full size/M17. The compact/carry size Well fit but will be a loose unless you have a weapons mounted light attached Or you swap out the muzzle plug for the correct size.

Name:  CD1272B9-0518-410C-90DC-5E25E04EC4B5.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  30.2 KB

Name:  EFE51F17-BE2E-4A0C-AA38-C37186B899A2.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  22.1 KB

I was at the range today with @JM Campbell. His standard full-size (4.25”) non optics M&P Fit about the same as the SIG Compact/carry. It fit loosely without a weapons light. You could probably swap Out the muzzle plug if you need retention without the light.

The holster body is marked for the M&P 5 inch But because the muzzle plug is for the 4.7 inch 320 his 5” CORE would not lock in until we removed the muzzle plug . After the muzzle plug was removed it locked in fine with the light mounted.

Name:  36EB66F2-CC91-4480-90AD-0F70F55A7136.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  53.9 KB

Name:  EF5F07FB-C6E8-41EE-BD0C-2A188AFC3BC6.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  46.6 KB

Thanks for the updated info. Threads like this are why I love PF, legit learning has occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Yeah, I miss holsterops too.

I was looking at an ALS for LTT fit on Safariland last night, and just remembering my previous experiences with my two previous orders in the past led me to decide against it. I guess I'll go around the cop shops in town instead to see if they have something in stock.
    A few years back, I found it was easier/better to order from the cop shop's Safariland order catalog than the website.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Whenever I order directly from Safariland I treat it like ordering a custom holster from a one man shop with extremely long lead times. I pay my money then basically try and push the order to the back of my mind/forget about it. That way when it arrives it’s like a surprise!

Holster Ops was the best though. I am glad I got a pair of LCR grips from them the last day they were open. I wish I ordered more though.

User Tag List