Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Safariland is the Devil

Site Supporter

Safariland is the Devil

So... Safariland is several months behind on orders, particularly red dot duty holsters.

I found a LE supplier who had a 6390 RDS for a Sig P320 in stock. After a week my Holster shows up and the bag says it’s for a P320...

Name:  0D803646-2DCF-40CD-B829-746E9C3D6B86.jpg
Views: 1415
Size:  82.5 KB

HOWEVER.. the gun doesn’t fit right. I look at the Holster and see it is a 5” M&P Holster in the wrong bag.

Name:  85E59CD4-508C-468A-AF62-6CC6B58950DD.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  60.5 KB

This is the second time I’ve gotten a brand new Holster from Safariland with the wrong Holster in the bag..

I have previously stated that while I love Safariland duty holsters their website is horrible. I miss their East Coast operation Holster Ops.

Is it just me ?

Site Supporter
    Axon is the devil. Safariland is merely the devil's cabana boy.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So... Safariland is several months behind on orders, particularly red dot duty holsters.

I found a LE supplier who had a 6390 RDS for a Sig P320 in stock. After a week my Holster shows up and the bag says it’s for a P320...

Name:  0D803646-2DCF-40CD-B829-746E9C3D6B86.jpg
Views: 1415
Size:  82.5 KB

HOWEVER.. the gun doesn’t fit right. I look at the Holster and see it is a 5” M&P Holster in the wrong bag.

Name:  85E59CD4-508C-468A-AF62-6CC6B58950DD.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  60.5 KB

This is the second time I’ve gotten a brand new Holster from Safariland with the wrong Holster in the bag..

I have previously stated that while I love Safariland duty holsters their website is horrible. I miss their East Coast operation Holster Ops.

Is it just me ?
    Nope, it is not just you. However, you can probably sell that holster for twice what you paid for it, to some M&P guy who waited six months only to open his box and find a 320 holster.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

HolsterOps was great to work with. I’m not happy they shut it down, either.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

CWM11B
    My concerns are (and not necessarily in order of precedence):
    1. The ridiculous lead times
    2. Errors like these
    3. The demand leading to corner cutting and QC issues
    4. The fact that Bill Roger's has got to be pushing 90 or more, and the faceless, soulless corporate bottom liners do not share h it s passion for quality and innovation.

And yes, holsterops was incredible.

Student
    Yeah, I miss holsterops too.

I was looking at an ALS for LTT fit on Safariland last night, and just remembering my previous experiences with my two previous orders in the past led me to decide against it. I guess I'll go around the cop shops in town instead to see if they have something in stock.

When I ordered a holster from their website for a P250 Compact 45 a while back, they sent me a wrong handed holster. It took MANY calls and e-mails before finding the right "belly button" to address the issue. Ultimately, I got the holster I was looking for, and was told to keep the wrong handed version, but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

This is the problem with success. Unless QC and CS grow AHEAD of demand, a company can get its reputation tarnished in a hurry...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    When I ordered a holster from their website for a P250 Compact 45 a while back, they sent me a wrong handed holster. It took MANY calls and e-mails before finding the right "belly button" to address the issue. Ultimately, I got the holster I was looking for, and was told to keep the wrong handed version, but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

This is the problem with success. Unless QC and CS grow AHEAD of demand, a company can get its reputation tarnished in a hurry...
    They are a victim of their own success. They took over a market that was, 25-30 years ago, spread around among five or more players. Now they are expected to produce holsters for a dizzying array of pistols, lights, finishes, LH/RH, etc. That creates THOUSANDS of SKUs and about that many headaches, foul ups and delays. It's very interesting to be inside the LE industry and see what I get to see of the struggles dealing with suppliers, manufacturers, customers, dealers, etc. It's maddening at times.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    There is such a thing as a very large small business. The methods (relying on people) that allow an acceptable rate of failures when a business is small lead to exponentially greater rate of failures when volume grows. It's insanely difficult to boot-strap from small to large, because the systems that are necessary to operate well when large are generally beyond the resources of the small. The firearms industry is generally a bunch of small businesses.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    OK, so it looks like I jumped the gun on this but it is still a communications issue on Safariland’s part hopefully this will help others in the same boat.

Even though the holster is marked for an M&P 5” it is apparently the correct holster for both the SIG and the M&P. I was told they had fit issues with the early P320 RDS holsters. The latest version is marked for the M&P 5” but it fits both the M&P And the SIG. If you are not running a 5 inch gun, you need to either run it with a light attached or swap out the barrel plug for the 320 Carry / Compact or standard length M&P.

User Tag List