Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good cheap fun! Ruger Wrangler.

Good cheap fun! Ruger Wrangler.

I really had a great time "playing" with this rimfire cowboy gun!

Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    I really had a great time "playing" with this rimfire cowboy gun!

Love this! Low barrier of entry to finally try and get handy with this brand of old school.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    You're going to finally make me get that Single Six/Ten.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    You're going to finally make me get that Single Six/Ten.
    I have both the Wrangler and a Single-Six. If the almost double the cost does not bother you, the Single-Six or Single-Ten is worth the investment. My Wrangler has the hard-to-open loading gate, and the grip frame is basically Cerakote over zinc alloy. The sights on the Single-Six guns are better.

Just this month I bought a stainless Single Ten with the 4 5/8” barrel . Really enjoy it and single actions are just plain fun .

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I have both the Wrangler and a Single-Six. If the almost double the cost does not bother you, the Single-Six or Single-Ten is worth the investment.
    I’m firmly in the buy once-cry once camp when it comes to guns and other highly durable equipment.
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I’m firmly in the buy once-cry once camp when it comes to guns and other highly durable equipment.
    Nothing wrong with the Wrangler. I hope Ruger sells a million of them and people have tons of fun shooting them, including youth and brand new shooters. I almost bought one, then realized I'd always wish it was a Single Six with adjustable sights, so I'd wind up spending $220 or so on a Wrangler, and then $550 or so on a Single Six, and it would cost me more money in the long run.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I agree with all your points. Except I've seen Wranglers advertised for ~$170 with free shipping. But that violates the pre-money-down inspection strategy, so I won't argue too much.
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Patrick’s results seem to answer my questions in the other Wrangler thread re: sights. I am not really into single action revolvers but this may be too good to pass up as a range toy and teaching tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Patrick’s results seem to answer my questions in the other Wrangler thread re: sights. I am not really into single action revolvers but this may be too good to pass up as a range toy and teaching tool.
    I’m trying to resist, until they make an adjustable sighted model.

User Tag List