Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Noon Hideaway Horsehide - Anybody Using This Currently?

High Noon Hideaway Horsehide - Anybody Using This Currently?

I'm looking at picking one of these up shortly for either PPS M2 or P30SK, seems like it has gotten good marks here before from members such as JodyH for this size pistols. Like to know what may have changed about this in recent years as everything I have found searching here was somewhat older threads. Thanks in advance!

I like them for a low profile, leather holster. I like their Mr Softy too. Keep in mind they sit pretty low. Those 1 sec draws may fall apart a smidge. I have added a Keepers wedge to the bottom of a few of mine.
    Here is a pic of my Mr Softy. I also have the Hideaway, just as good. Name:  hnlcr.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  27.1 KB

I have a Hideaway cowhide for my P2000SK and while the quality is there, the clip is nice but is way too big for my 1.5" belt. The ride height is great with the top of the clip tight against the top of my belt. But it shifts up and the ride height is too high and the whole thing flops out. It would be perfect if the clip was sized for a normal belt.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Name:  20191104_173102.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  49.4 KB
    Name:  20191031_173350.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  47.7 KB
    I very rarely carry the P365 in the High Noon. I typically carry it or now the P365XL in a JMCK 2.5 with a Keepers Wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I have a Hideaway cowhide for my P2000SK and while the quality is there, the clip is nice but is way too big for my 1.5" belt. The ride height is great with the top of the clip tight against the top of my belt. But it shifts up and the ride height is too high and the whole thing flops out. It would be perfect if the clip was sized for a normal belt.
    I have experience rotation on 1.5" belt with their clips for 1.5" belt, but I suppose it never flopped out because the pistol was a P-07 and it may have been just enough longer slide to prevent this. This concerns me a bit, what sort of belt are you using with this holster? Maybe it's not quite stiff enough, forgive me for asking but is your stomach large or small?

I am using a Volund Gearworks Atlas Slim belt. My stomach is small. I have just a hint of a spare tire that I try to keep at bay.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

High Noon no doubt makes their clips and loops to fit their belts which are on the thick end of the belt thickness spectrum. In addition, this is on their FAQ page...

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/faqs

We size the straps on our inside the waistband holsters at 1.75" to fit a 1.50" belt. You need the extra room so the straps work as intended and you can snap it over your belt. If the straps and the belt were both the same size, you would not be able to snap the holster on your belt. It would be way too tight.

When the holster slots are 1.50" and the belt is 1.50" the holster will damage the top and bottom of your belt because of the friction created when you slide the holster on and off the belt. The belt slots on the holster need to be a minimum of a ¼” to ½” larger so the holster goes on the belt without friction points. It will rarely move once the belt is tightened. The tighter the belt the less movement you will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I'm looking at picking one of these up shortly for either PPS M2 or P30SK, ...
    Clearance sale has one for the P30SK

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/sal...k-hh-clearance

JTQ, thanks for sharing. That was the one I was considering getting, the price is certainly right.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    High Noon no doubt makes their clips and loops to fit their belts which are on the thick end of the belt thickness spectrum. In addition, this is on their FAQ page...

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/faqs
    The thing about this excerpt is I take it to mean they are saying the leather snap on belt loops, NOT the clip as we are discussing. Though I would imagine a similar principle is in the design, my concern is if it is likely to damage my nice JRC Horsehide Belt which is on the thinner side of double thickness leather belts. I was using an Upper Cut holster from them years ago for CZ P-07 with a Blackhawk 1.75" Rigger's belt, which did in fact end up destroying the belt to a degree from the clip digging into the top edge of the belt where the holster rested. But as they mentioned, it was 1.75" clip on 1.75" belt so that was probably a bad idea from the beginning.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 11-16-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Oh, what the heck... just went and pulled the trigger. Guess I'm going to find out soon what my own thoughts are on this holster, paid $77 after shipping and tax... so if it doesn't work out I shouldn't do too bad reselling (hopefully without much if any loss).

Edit : Nevermind, website would not allow me to checkout with this item. Said I was using invalid coupon code, I didn't enter any... maybe this is guidance telling me to look elsewhere right now.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 11-16-2019 at 01:30 PM.

User Tag List