Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally a shotshell belt that doesn't suck

NH Shooter - Do you thread the instructor belt through loop on you pants, adding stuff as you go, or do you wear the rig over another belt?

ETA: As a young cop I had the belt loops on my duty trousers modified to tak a Ranger style duty belt. It was a PITA to get dressed, but at that point being fresh out of the Marines I wanted to look sharp. The only disadvantage I say, other than the time to get dressed, was striping off the gear in a hurry once I got the holster locked down. Since we didn't have much opportunity for water rescues, I figured I'd roll with the ranger belt. Lasted about a year before I went back to a more traditional duty belt.

Those Safariland two-shell holders have been the go to for LE carry over 20 years.
    Last edited by DDTSGM; 12-13-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    NH Shooter - Do you thread the instructor belt through loop on you pants, adding stuff as you go, or do you wear the rig over another belt?
    The belt goes through the pants loops, only the JMCK #3 has to be threaded through. Everything else clips on (and off).

Site Supporter
    For those who have ordered and used these, how have they worked out for you? I have a class coming up in March and need a means of carrying extra shells. I'm especially interested in how they work with holsters. It looks like an IWB would be required. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    For those who have ordered and used these, how have they worked out for you? I have a class coming up in March and need a means of carrying extra shells. I'm especially interested in how they work with holsters. It looks like an IWB would be required. Thanks!
    I've got two now, one of the prototypes that I use for training and one newer one that I use for a bump-in-the-night belt full of 8-pellet FFC. Both are still going strong.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

User Tag List