Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handcuffed Suspect Draws Firearm in Back Seat of Squad Car

One of the guys on my squad was on a stop where a Glock 27 fell out of the one of the female’s prison purse while she was sitting on the curb.

Not really a search but I got called over to another agency for a free air sniff of a car. One of the occupants was just a mouthy AH. My dog didn’t alert and when Mr Mouth stood up a gun fell out of his pants leg onto the ground with a metallic clunk. There was a pregnant pause and he ran. I ran back to my car for the chase and possible dog bite. Two of the other agency guys had caught him and the fight was on. I ended up doing a contact shot with my Taser and repositioned it to end the struggle. It ended up being a pellet gun and I don’t know if he was patted down before I arrived.

Not my Academy class but a guy I worked with told me about it. His class was doing Patrol procedures and they called an Officer off the road so they could see/look at a patrol car. One of the recruits found a pistol lying on the rear floorboard in the caged area. They thought it was a test. It wasn’t. The Officer had transported someone and hadn’t checked the rear seat afterwards. He got days off.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    One of the guys on my squad was on a stop where a Glock 27 fell out of the one of the female’s prison purse while she was sitting on the curb.
    Name:  ice-cube-1.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  67.4 KB

So….is your guys' SIA procedure now involving a finger swipe through mud valley, or something?
    Last edited by TGS; 11-11-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    We had a police officer deliver an arrestee to our jail that when scanned with the Securepass body scanner had a .357 Taurus snub in his underwear...

User Tag List