Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Restocking a Savage 110 Hog Hunter?

I think I’m just going to sell this off and pick up a Ruger American in .308 - their Magpul Hunter stock version is plug and play.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I think I’m just going to sell this off and pick up a Ruger American in .308 - their Magpul Hunter stock version is plug and play.
    As an idea, one thing I've been interested in is Brownells will sell a Howa barreled action and you can drop it in a magpul stock yourself. Food for thought.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Am I missing something? I just scanned the "View All" on Stocks on the Magpul website and saw no Howa/Weatherby options.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Am I missing something? I just scanned the "View All" on Stocks on the Magpul website and saw no Howa/Weatherby options.
    Nope. Magpul only makes Hunter stocks for the Remington 700 (and clones) and the Ruger American.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel View Post
    My only complaint is that I needed to add a riser to get a good cheek weld, but the riser blocks removal of the bolt for cleaning. (or maybe you can get the bolt out, but then can't get a cleaning rod in from the rear. - Been a while since I've looked at it) Not a huge deal, it's only one screw to remove , but a minor inconvenience.
    I made a riser out of .120" Kydex, form-fitted to stock, adjusted height with strips of Kydex and secured to stock with Velcro. Not the most elegant, but totally functional with no permanent mods to stock;

After using it for a while, I adjusted the height lower and added some foam padding;

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    As an idea, one thing I've been interested in is Brownells will sell a Howa barreled action and you can drop it in a magpul stock yourself. Food for thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Nope. Magpul only makes Hunter stocks for the Remington 700 (and clones) and the Ruger American.
    Apologies, I'm a little slow. I was thinking of the bravo chassis that fits HOWA. https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/bravo-chassis/

Site Supporter
    I know you said you did not want a chassis but I just got one of these for a Savage 10 223 and it is very nice https://oryxchassis.com/

They were running a very good deal on Black Friday on these.

I saw that, but I’ve never though of Choate as being worthwhile. Have they changed in the last 30 or so years?
    Not sure about some of their other stocks, but the Choate Ultimate Sniper/Varmint and Tactical stocks are ridiculously well made and tough. Only drawback is they are a little heavier than some of the newer lightweight stuff--but still lighter than most of the chassis stocks.

I had CDiPrecision put their bottom metal in the Ultimate Sniper stocks for a Savage 110 Lightweight Storm and a 110 Wolverine (450BM). They both came out pretty nice. In the Ultimate stocks, the bottom metal rides up inside the stock a bit--CDi said it fits more nicely in the Tactical stocks.

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Funny, I got the same email and was thinking of which of the half-do en bolt-action threads to post this on I think you got it right!

https://magpul.com/savage-hunter-110...rt-action.html

Attachment 47296

Last edited by rob_s; 01-16-2020 at 06:44 AM.

User Tag List