Thread: Author: DJ Molles

Site Supporter

Author: DJ Molles

Dunno if any of you have come across his work. He's former mil who has turned to writing. Most of his work is centered around TEOTWAWKI and zombie-like creatures and a character named Lee Harden. The writing, zombies aside, is relatively realistic in terms of weapons and tactics. What draws me in is that the story (at least the first several books in that world's series) take place in a part of NC I'm very familiar with.

Anyway, I'm reading Southland, which is part of that world and came across this passage as the main character and an acquaintance meet up with some other folks for something:
    The big man in the lead had a black, semi-auto pistol on his hip. The pistol sat in an unsecured, neoprene holster that flopped around as the man walked.
    There might be exceptions to the rule, but a man with a floppy neoprene holster was probably not a quick draw expert.
    Chris

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    That said I’ve seen some pretty floppy looking holsters at steel matches. Maybe they weren’t as bad as they seemed.

I’ll try to see if I can find any of his stuff at least to read a sample.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Dunno if any of you have come across his work. He's former mil who has turned to writing. Most of his work is centered around TEOTWAWKI and zombie-like creatures and a character named Lee Harden. The writing, zombies aside, is relatively realistic in terms of weapons and tactics. What draws me in is that the story (at least the first several books in that world's series) take place in a part of NC I'm very familiar with.

Anyway, I'm reading Southland, which is part of that world and came across this passage as the main character and an acquaintance meet up with some other folks for something:

Chris

I listen to audio books while I drive or reload and I believe I've listened to some of his. Iirc I enjoyed them.

I've read quite a few of his books (The "Remaining/Harden" series and "A Grower's War"). Well written dystopian future fiction imho. "Wolves" was pretty decent as well.

User Tag List