Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AZ DPS trooper shoots trucker from overpass with rifle to stop wrong-way big rig

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    a screen capture of a chief’s deposition in a use of force lawsuit in which the chief did not what Graham’s Connor was.
    If you meant "chief did not know what" then I am totally with you"...I have seen administrators take the BS route on shootings, pursuits, use of force issues by "not knowing" the case law. Huge Hells Yeah... (risking cesure by the powers that be)...

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    If you meant "chief did not know what" then I am totally with you"...I have seen administrators take the BS route on shootings, pursuits, use of force issues by "not knowing" the case law. Huge Hells Yeah... (risking cesure by the powers that be)...
    Yeah, it was a typo. You figured it out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Yeah, it was a typo. You figured it out.
    Currently waiting on an IA investegation before sharing in Roll Call Stories things like speed reholstering, pusuit tatctics, dual wielding, Taser warnings, weapon light searches, perimeters, and suspect surrenders.

Wasn't picking nits, just making sure it was a typo....administators are not always with us, cannot be relied on to be with us, Statements from the brass, in my expeience, especially since in the last two weeks being the only unit 10-8 to take a panic alarm (which dispatch hosed up) tend to exclude the supes on scene (we were working a commercial burglary and an an unattended death at the same time) and the supes decided not to back me up, and instead go violate a crime scene to "just check out scene..." The brass have very different priorities than we do, to say the least.

Sorry, man...just trying to clarify for the non cops here.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 10-30-2019 at 05:14 PM.

User Tag List