Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dan Carlin Hardcore History dropped last week

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I found the stuff about the Japanese love of hand to hand combat fascinating.
    Just listening to him describing the ferocity and dedication of the Japanese soldiers makes it very easy to understand the desire to do just about anything to avoid having to invade the main island.

As I listen to this podcast while driving down the road in my 4Runner I can’t help be glad that the Japanese people have turned their efforts towards automobiles and consumer goods and are now on our side.

Site Supporter
    I really didn’t know much about the battle of Singapore before this episode. That’s almost always glossed over in American history of the war and I’m glad he covered it.

I’ve still got a couple of hours to go in this episode, but at this pace it seems we’ll get a couple more episodes on the war in the Pacific which has me pretty stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I really didn’t know much about the battle of Singapore before this episode. That’s almost always glossed over in American history of the war and I’m glad he covered it.

When I was in Singapore in 2007, I got the chance to tour the Singapore Battlebox site, which was essentially the command HQ for the battle. Also got to see one of the artillery positions. the battlebox tour does a really good job of covering how badly Britain screwed up pre-war, and how badly the generals propagated the lie that Singapore was a "fortress". There are only a handful of things still existing from the battle to see, but it is enough to make it worth the effort if you are in Singapore.
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 11-06-2019 at 12:51 PM.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Since I posted on 03NOV I've finished Blueprint and listened to everything between there and Part 1 of Supernova which I finished up with this morning's coffee. Now I'm debating if I should start Part 2 today or wait until Monday at work.

Do I need an intervention?
    Last edited by awp_101; 11-16-2019 at 12:53 PM.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Since I posted on 03NOV I've finished Blueprint and listened to everything between there and Part 1 of Supernova which I finished up with this morning's coffee. Now I'm debating if I should start Part 2 today or wait until Monday at work.

Do I need an intervention?
    I'm so hooked that I'm now putting it to my bluetooth 3M work tunes and listening while I run my bull dozer and excavator, plus every time I'm in the truck. I made the wife listen the other night to SuperNova III while we took a town trip to the city. Now she's hooked

I've pretty much burned up all the free material on Pandora, so I'm going to have to figure out how to get episodes 1 through 50 somewhere else and not have to pay $70 from his website.. because I'm cheap.
    Last edited by AKDoug; 11-17-2019 at 02:22 AM.

I will be listening to this episode as I clean the garage today.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

A new Addendum episode dropped last week. I'm about 2 hours in so far.

EP9 Glimpses of Olympias

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    A new Addendum episode dropped last week. I'm about 2 hours in so far.

EP9 Glimpses of Olympias
    Pretty good. Hollywood has nothing on history.

Supernova IV is out now.

Site Supporter
    Supernova IV is out now.
    You’re killing me smalls, I just bought and finished Wrath of the Khans this week. This is good news, now do I wait till work next week to listen or start it this weekend? Thems hard sayins’
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List