Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dan Carlin Hardcore History dropped last week

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Good, good... New Dan Carlin is good Dan Carlin.
    Old Dan Carlin is good Dan Carlin as well.

His opening title where you can hear the EMS radio traffic during the attacks on the WTC sends chills down my spine every time I hear it.

I love Dan's Podcast but I've never been big on audiobooks. Somehow, I think I'll make an exception here...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Good medicine. I know what in playing on the way to work this morning.

I listened to Supernova in the East II on the road from VA to GA last winter. Made the trip as enjoyable as possible.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Three hours in.
    #RESIST

I just recently got turned on to his podcast (why yes, I DO live under a rock). I listened to the first episode of his "Addendum" to get a feel for his style before diving into any of the long form episodes. I would up listening to all 8 "Addendum" episodes over 3 days at work.

I've already listened to the first 2 episodes of "Blueprint for Armageddon" and started part 3 today. As as WWI nerd I'm totally geeking out on this and already looking forward to getting into "Supernova in the East" series.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

I've already listened to the first 2 episodes of "Blueprint for Armageddon" and started part 3 today. As as WWI nerd I'm totally geeking out on this and already looking forward to getting into "Supernova in the East" series.
    "Blueprint" is legendary. It’s to podcasting in general what "the wire" is to procedural dramas. JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    "Blueprint" is legendary. It’s to podcasting in general what "the wire" is to procedural dramas. JMO.
    I'm late to this party, but this might be the single greatest suggestion I have gotten from P.F. I use Pandora to listen to Carlin's stuff. Unfortunately this means I have to start at episode 50. The best part of this is that that is the first of the Blueprint series. I am up to episode 55 (part VI) and I am completely locked into this thing. I spent two days on the road driving covering for one of my truck drivers and this stuff kept me highly entertained. Today I ran my excavator and dozer with my bluetooth headphones on all day. It was eerie working in the cold and fog today, breathing smoke from my numerous brush piles burning, while listening to the Hell those soldiers went through at Verdun and Somme.

Site Supporter
    Running at 1.5x, it was the perfect length for the Glasgow to Birmingham train.

And as always, I'm left wanting more. Fantastic episode.

Chris

I found the stuff about the Japanese love of hand to hand combat fascinating.
    #RESIST

User Tag List