Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J Frame IWB Holster Recommendations?

Site Supporter

J Frame IWB Holster Recommendations?

I got a used 642-2 last week and am looking for a way to carry it. I ordered a Safariland 5198 from Midway as a quick, cheap OWB solution. My default choice for IWB holsters is the JMCK IWB#3 and it works well for my full-size autoloaders, but I'm concerned it might be disproportionately bulky for a small gun. Any recommendations for something smaller, or is that about what they'll all be like?

Are you looking for leather or kydex?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Are you looking for leather or kydex?
    Either. My K frame IWB holster is leather and it works well, as does the one for my Sig P6. The finish on the 642 already has ample "character" so finish wear isn't an issue.

For a simple iwb holster high noon has some pretty good options fairly cheap.

Site Supporter
    I'm very happy with my Dark Star Gear kydex IWB J frame holster.

The Harry's Holster "Icon" is somewhat lower profile than the DSG holster and may be a possible solution. I'd never give up my DSG, but for some clothing it's a better solution and you may find it so as well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The Harry's Holster "Icon" is somewhat lower profile than the DSG holster and may be a possible solution. I'd never give up my DSG, but for some clothing it's a better solution and you may find it so as well.
    I rigged mine a little lower with a different DCC clip. And I didn't have to get outta the chair to make this post [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I rigged mine a little lower with a different DCC clip. And I didn't have to get outta the chair to make this post [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Which DCC is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Galco tuck and go is affordable and decent.

For aiwb I'm using a Zulu bravo and find it to work well with lounge wear when beltless(sweats or basketball shorts) and even better with a belt. It has a bit of extra length to prevent roll out and the retention is perfect for my taste, a click vs friction.

https://www.zulubravokydex.com/produ...-a-iwb-holster
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

User Tag List