Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: IS Leader al-Baghdadi Killed in US Raid

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Vapid socialite thinks we were mean about how our current POTUS described killing a gigantic asshole that really needed to die, and that will somehow endanger our troops.

I'm sitting on a great big fat X right now. My SAW is zeroed, headspaced properly on both of my barrels and when I last qualified with it at Ft Hood I ran a whole fucking 100round belt through it in a single pull with nary a hiccup. My gear is packed and ready.

Fucking Bring It, I say.
    Thank you, brother. Be safe.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Student
    The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm assuming that's a photoshop deal, since the real one looks like this:

Attachment 44083

Unless there was some real hasty editing.
    I think they've been playing fast and loose with the website, much like they do with the truth.

https://gunfreezone.net/miles-and-mi...r-al-baghdadi/

I'm now glad WP blocks me from reading their "articles" since I run an ad blocker. Fuck them.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 10-28-2019 at 08:08 AM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Thank you, brother. Be safe.
    I'm honored to serve. For the meantime at least it's unlikely I'll leave this X, which is indescribably frustrating for me, but good for assuaging the worries of my wife and family.

But there's a lot of brothers and sisters in northern Iraq and Syria that are facing some very interesting times in the coming months, and I'd ask that we all spare a thought for them. I'm not much for praying but I pray for peace, as well as wisdom and restraint for all of the world's leaders every day.

If my brothers and sisters are asked to fight, I pray like hell that we'll ALL be saddled up to properly stomp that shit out swiftly and decisively.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    LL, mind providing a synopsis for those of us who are Luddites and don't visit twitter?
    Former Obama appointee ambassador is worried that bad words will make ISIS consider us an enemy.

#OrangeManBad
    #RESIST

#RESIST

All bullshit aside, I'm leery of getting too excited because killing these fuckers is just whack-a-mole.

If I were President Hambo I'd have said, "We smoked him, and there are more on our Xmas gift list. Don't ask me who did it, or how we knew where to go. Thank you, and as always, go fuck yourselves."
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

That one has been deleted. Guess someone clued up.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm against hate crimes in our country and believe we should take them and the groups/individuals that perpetrate them very seriously. Anyone who pledges allegiance to a violent criminal group or actor against our nation, deserves the harshest penalties allowable by law.

But I don't know how or why I'm supposed to do much about these issues outside the U.S. - I could argue that my privilege as a heterosexual CIS male grants me the ability to effectively ignore these problems, but I think the reality is, there isn't much that can be done to change centuries of a culture of hatred for non-conformists. We changed our culture slowly, but steadily, and it took ~100 years for things to happen and we're one of the most technologically advanced, well-educated, and progressive cultures in the world.

I guess my point is - ISIS/ISIL/IS/etc. hate people of certain types and always will. They'll sooner kill us if we don't kill them. So I don't care if we send dogs, pigs, or anything else after them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    All bullshit aside, I'm leery of getting too excited because killing these fuckers is just whack-a-mole.
    I think that's true. I'd change the old adage "smoke 'em if you got 'em" to "smoke 'em where you find 'em" in this instance.

The sobering reality is that this is a war with no end in sight because the threat can pop up anywhere and will live as long as there are individuals who embrace the ideology or have a mental predisposition toward mayhem and chaos.

What we need is not to be more understanding and coddling, but to be more resolute about eradicating it where it pops up in our midst. No apologies necessary.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List