Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: IS Leader al-Baghdadi Killed in US Raid

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Time to break some shit down, apparently.

The death of the assholes that claim the US can't touch them *matters*. Sure, there's always going to be more assholes. But that doesn't mean we should leave a chest thumbing sword waving slave owning beheading child-raping asshole alive so he can church up how the US can't touch him because the almighty has chosen him and the US lacks the resolve to fight the almighty's will. Smashing them like a bug and calling them a piece of shit to the world is exactly what needs to happen to these evil fucks each and every single time. Ideally, we'll become effective enough that by the time one of them makes a name for themselves, their name is in a WaPo obit so fast that they can't figure out anything about him to applaud, and President @Hambo 2020 can deliver his one line address and be on with it.

In the 2012-2014 timeframe when the daesh really popped off they were openly uniformed and waving flags as they took over cities and towns. Because we had a POTUS that lacked the resolve to simply steamroll the fuck out of them with an OIF:Part II, we had General Officers in charge of entire commands that were ready to fucking rock the casbah to the point where they were screaming into conference calls to their higher saying if air assets wouldn't fucking move them, they'd pile in to buses and go that way. I know because friends of mine were sitting at those tables and saw it first hand as they had their gear packed for a 4hr mobilization notice, and they stayed on that standby for WEEKS.
    Instead we had a nobel-prize winning 'peacemaker' that drone-striked them into a fucking classic insurgency, and I got to see friends of mine weep as Iraqi cities they fought for and saw good men die for were surrendered to those assholes with nary a shot fired from us. If you want bold terrorists, use spineless leadership to ensure the big scary American military look like we lack the fucking minerals to fight them.

See above: Allowing these fuckers to preach their bullshit about being annointed or untouchable without repercussions only emboldens them. This poo poo dickless chicken shit huggy fuckup attitude is precisely what's fucked us in ME policy since the god damn Beirut bombings.
    For too fucking long we've allowed these assholes to poke the bear, and sometimes stab it, and we keep our claws in the dirt and whine about it instead of fucking them up.
    9/12 should have been an ugly fucking day. Our jets should have filled the skies and everything that we even *THOUGHT* was a valid target should have been a smoking crater, and if the international "community" cried about it, we should have just collectively shrugged and said 'Sorry, but not sorry, we were really fucking pissed off, if that happens again we'll go twice as hard'.

There's no backing them off of their ideology. They're convinced they're running Windows 10 and everyone else is on Windows 95 and fucking up their internet with its backwardsness. The only thing you can do is convince them at a cerebral, animal-cunning level that they will fucking die horribly if they fuck with the west. The best way to do that is to make sure they see the heads of their violent asshole leaders on spikes on a regular basis.

Yep, and I want those 10 standing in line behind them to be VERY scared that their head will be the next one to get ventilated at close range from a SCAR-H wearing a Surefire supperssor while a good dog is chewing their puny bitch-ass balls off.
    We really need a Hall of Fame for absolute gems like this.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Hey folks guess who stopped smoking today?

Abū Bakr al-Baghdadi

"You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Korea and Vietnam were about containment, not WW2 victory parades. If the WOT is similar at all, it's because the plan is to fight them elsewhere, or preferably just smoke them elsewhere. It's a combo of containment and Cold War style CIA intervention. We've been incredibly successful at keeping the fight off our soil.
    But if we weren't in the flight in the first place, why would they need to come to our soil.

Our counter-insurgency policy is the only reason we need a counter-insurgency policy.

Much of Afghanistan is much the same as it was hundreds of years ago. Much of the rest of the Middle East is basically in the same condition is was after I was born, aside from peace between Israel and Egypt.

OTOH, Islamists changed the entire character of the US for at least two decades, and probably permanently. Anyone really think Osama didn't want us to become more active in the Middle East? The security state we have become, where near universal surveillance is taken as an absolute necessity, was the goal of 9/11, much like it is the ultimate goal of all terrorism, so that citizens will come to see their own government as the enemy.

Our recent small victory will be forgotten before many of us will be dead. The attack on September 11th will live in the history books as the most successful miliary mission of all time. A handful of men reshaped the most powerful nation on Earth in a few hours, for a negligible amount of investment.

I'm done with this, I appreciate how y'all feel, and this is probably about as pointless as discussing the winnablity of the Vietnam War with my father.

Weird how the Vietnamese now want us back in the same port my dad defended, to scare the Chinese. It's amazing how crushing someone utterly makes forgiveness so much easier.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    But if we weren't in the flight in the first place, why would they need to come to our soil.

Our counter-insurgency policy is the only reason we need a counter-insurgency policy.
    What the fuck planet do you live on?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Because we're a cultural and economic powerhouse. We can't be both isolationist and support our own economy.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter

Our counter-insurgency policy is the only reason we need a counter-insurgency policy..
    Did your momma shake you when you was a baby?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Time to break some shit down, apparently.

The death of the assholes that claim the US can't touch them *matters*. Sure, there's always going to be more assholes. But that doesn't mean we should leave a chest thumbing sword waving slave owning beheading child-raping asshole alive so he can church up how the US can't touch him because the almighty has chosen him and the US lacks the resolve to fight the almighty's will. Smashing them like a bug and calling them a piece of shit to the world is exactly what needs to happen to these evil fucks each and every single time. Ideally, we'll become effective enough that by the time one of them makes a name for themselves, their name is in a WaPo obit so fast that they can't figure out anything about him to applaud, and President @Hambo 2020 can deliver his one line address and be on with it.

In the 2012-2014 timeframe when the daesh really popped off they were openly uniformed and waving flags as they took over cities and towns. Because we had a POTUS that lacked the resolve to simply steamroll the fuck out of them with an OIF:Part II, we had General Officers in charge of entire commands that were ready to fucking rock the casbah to the point where they were screaming into conference calls to their higher saying if air assets wouldn't fucking move them, they'd pile in to buses and go that way. I know because friends of mine were sitting at those tables and saw it first hand as they had their gear packed for a 4hr mobilization notice, and they stayed on that standby for WEEKS.
    Instead we had a nobel-prize winning 'peacemaker' that drone-striked them into a fucking classic insurgency, and I got to see friends of mine weep as Iraqi cities they fought for and saw good men die for were surrendered to those assholes with nary a shot fired from us. If you want bold terrorists, use spineless leadership to ensure the big scary American military look like we lack the fucking minerals to fight them.

See above: Allowing these fuckers to preach their bullshit about being annointed or untouchable without repercussions only emboldens them. This poo poo dickless chicken shit huggy fuckup attitude is precisely what's fucked us in ME policy since the god damn Beirut bombings.
    For too fucking long we've allowed these assholes to poke the bear, and sometimes stab it, and we keep our claws in the dirt and whine about it instead of fucking them up.
    9/12 should have been an ugly fucking day. Our jets should have filled the skies and everything that we even *THOUGHT* was a valid target should have been a smoking crater, and if the international "community" cried about it, we should have just collectively shrugged and said 'Sorry, but not sorry, we were really fucking pissed off, if that happens again we'll go twice as hard'.

There's no backing them off of their ideology. They're convinced they're running Windows 10 and everyone else is on Windows 95 and fucking up their internet with its backwardsness. The only thing you can do is convince them at a cerebral, animal-cunning level that they will fucking die horribly if they fuck with the west. The best way to do that is to make sure they see the heads of their violent asshole leaders on spikes on a regular basis.

Yep, and I want those 10 standing in line behind them to be VERY scared that their head will be the next one to get ventilated at close range from a SCAR-H wearing a Surefire supperssor while a good dog is chewing their puny bitch-ass balls off.

Rock.....the fuck on.

Our recent small victory will be forgotten before many of us will be dead. The attack on September 11th will live in the history books as the most successful miliary mission of all time. A handful of men reshaped the most powerful nation on Earth in a few hours, for a negligible amount of investment.

I'm done with this, I appreciate how y'all feel, and this is probably about as pointless as discussing the winnablity of the Vietnam War with my father.
    I’m amazed people think “The War On Terror” is something Bush II invented .

We’ve ALWAYS been at war with terrorists. For decades.

Don’t take my word for it. There’s dozens of publications (by some such as Col Jeff Cooper among others) around the various anti terror operations we’ve launched over the years. Fighting terrorists is part and parcel of any established international nation with trade and interests beyond its borders - ask the French, Russians, and the British. That is the price of “doing business”.

9/11 was unique only in the scale and the fact the general population couldn’t pretend terrorism didn’t exist anymore. When Mogadishu happened, when the USS Cole and multiple embassies blew up folks both in and outside the government played the Denial Game. Once buildings fell , so did some seriously incorrect conceptions about how the world really works. The Clinton -era “military as political instrument” experiment ended to the tune of 3,000 casualties.The sad irony is if we’d been just a little bit more military and less political in Somalia, it may have all been avoided.

The US government may repeat some levels of stupidity, but this is one lesson we have learned from. When a bad guy says bad things about the US and arranges resources to act on it, we act. I’d rather see 100 terrorist strongmen eat lead then see another building fall. That’s just me- you may feel different.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Because we're a cultural and economic powerhouse. We can't be both isolationist and support our own economy.
    Are you saying there's a global economy and we're part of it?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List