Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Emperor Cuomo wants all of America’s guns

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Beat me by a year. I got out in '87.
    We left the old house on December 30, 1987 at 12:02am bound for a town called Carmel, IN 18 miles north of Indianapolis. My grandfather said, "The birds flew upside down because there was nothing good to shit on" in Carmel. That is a story for another thread.
    Last edited by Tackleberry40sw; 10-31-2019 at 09:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone really think that one day, SCOTUS will void all the state bans, free up concealed carry (at least) with a mandate for easy shall issue?

If only OrangeManBad gets more on the court, they take a case, Roberts doesn't fold, and the stars are right - this will arrive!

How many years - given the glacial pace of the courts - would it take?

I'm pretty sure that Congress, even with a GOP majority in both houses and a GOP president would do everything they could to avoid freeing up gun rights as it takes away a campaign issue - send a CHECK! Such court decisions would sink the NRA's funding raising campaigns for the candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Does anyone really think that one day, SCOTUS will void all the state bans, free up concealed carry (at least) with a mandate for easy shall issue?

If only OrangeManBad gets more on the court, they take a case, Roberts doesn't fold, and the stars are right - this will arrive!

How many years - given the glacial pace of the courts - would it take?

I'm pretty sure that Congress, even with a GOP majority in both houses and a GOP president would do everything they could to avoid freeing up gun rights as it takes away a campaign issue - send a CHECK! Such court decisions would sink the NRA's funding raising campaigns for the candidates.
    More and more states are becoming like NY, NJ, MD, CA, CO, WA, etc. and plenty of states like VA, NM pushing for more and more gun control. So far the only response has been compliance (am I allowed) or non compliance in terms of keeping their stuff but keeping it hidden as in not using it. Has anyone seen a NY complaint AR? its a castrated single shot rifle.
    Last edited by Paul Blackburn; 11-01-2019 at 06:02 AM.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I honestly think we are seeing the twilight of private gun ownership... it will take a few decades, but they are winning the social battle in the schools. Bleah.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    ... So far the only response has been compliance (am I allowed) or non compliance in terms of keeping their stuff but keeping it hidden as in not using it. Has anyone seen a NY complaint AR? its a castrated single shot rifle.
    Added for reference and some fun time on your computer: https://safeact.ny.gov

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Was talking with one of my oldest friends earlier this week. He asked if I had any plans to come "home" for the holidays. I replied "how about we pick a beach somewhere?".

I haven't thought of NY as "home" since I escaped in '86.
    I escaped California in the 70's.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I honestly think we are seeing the twilight of private gun ownership... it will take a few decades, but they are winning the social battle in the schools. Bleah.
    We can’t give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    We can’t give up.
    Oh, I agree - but I think shifting social norms are against us, in a large part because children are taught in public schools that guns are evil.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Before the current uproar, the increasing move to urban areas was decreasing interest in hunting and firearms sports. The push for self-defense, esp. among women may counter that. However, a self-defense emphasis doesn't aid in supporting 'modern sporting rifles'.

Emperor Cuomo wants all of America’s guns

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The push for self-defense, esp. among women may counter that. However, a self-defense emphasis doesn't aid in supporting 'modern sporting rifles'.
    I’ve seen you post this numerous times and I don’t really understand it. There’s a metric ton of anecdotal information about how ARs and similar guns are used by citizens to defend themselves including the NRA instructor who used an AR to engage the Sunderland Springs shooter. Almost every LE agency in the country arms its officers with ARs to defend themselves and the communities they serve. In the age of ever present CCTV cameras, there are many easily found videos of citizens defending themselves and their loved ones with AR style rifles. ARs are an incredibly easy to use, lightweight, effective weapon for people to defend themselves with.

*When I wrote ARs, I was referring to all semiautomatic rifles chambered in intermediate cartridges. This was just quicker.
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 11-01-2019 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Spelling. Thanks autocorrect
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List