Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Would you stay on a volunteer security team like this?

From reading the original post my question is not would I want to be on the team but would I attend the church? If I didn't feel safe as part of the team I wouldn't feel safe as part of the congregation.

I'd walk. Dunning-Krueger is a real thing, and life is too short to be associated with people like that.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

CWM11B
    Much of what I was thinking of saying has been said, maybe a couple of other tidbits are on my mind, but I dont have the energy. From what I have seen of the "teams" in my area, I would be more concerned about getting shot by them than a bad guy in the statistically insignificant chance a bad guy showed up (actually zero chance for me, as I do not attend church).

Personally, I'd walk away from it.

Site Supporter
    The last active shooter training I did for a church was required by their insurance company...

I still had guys from the security team telling me that their knife throwing ability was such that they didn't need guns....I also had concerned volunteers that did not realize the breadth and depth of what they volunteered for.

At my church, I am the dude that don't hug...the dude that occasionally gets told that his shirt rode up over his piece. And likely the only dude in the joint that has the ability to solve problems ballistically. Given the small congregation the church and I seem to be OK with that.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    knife throwing ability
    blood shot out of my eyes when I read that. Who, in the year of our Lord two thousand and nineteen would think that knife throwing is at all a legitimate deadly force skill?

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    blood shot out of my eyes when I read that. Who, in the year of our Lord two thousand and nineteen would think that knife throwing is at all a legitimate deadly force skill?
    People who spwnt many drunken Friday nights watching Under Siege, perhaps?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The last active shooter training I did for a church was required by their insurance company...

I still had guys from the security team telling me that their knife throwing ability was such that they didn't need guns...

...Snip
    pat

Jesus Wept...

Site Supporter

I still had guys from the security team telling me that their knife throwing ability was such that they didn't need guns....I also had concerned volunteers that did not realize the breadth and depth of what they volunteered for.
    Don’t tell Bob Dylan...

I'd feel safer if our team had knives instead of guns.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    No doubt. I don’t know why you’d carry throwing knives when you can get ninja stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List