Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations on 1911 VZ Grip patterns for IWB

For IWB, nothing beats the slants. I initially went with the double diamonds, but found the checkering on the G10 to wear like a file, on both me and my clothes. I settled on the slants and have them on all my 1911s.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I prefer the 320s myself as they have just the right amount of grip without being too aggressive for carry. If you decide to sand your VZ grips, it’s suggested that you use caution as the G10 dust is considered extremely hazardous if inhaled or not treated properly. It’s recommend to use proper protection and sand wet.
    Last edited by RMF; 11-03-2019 at 12:43 AM.

When a suit is required, I opt for a 3 piece. Looks great, and conceals AIWB very well.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Clear packing tape inside a jacket is a field expedient/proof of concept way to address possible abrasion by the grip panels on the lining of a suit jacket.

Taking a fine grit sanding sponge and "tuning" those grip panel (i.e. 5 swipes at a time) will likely work as well.

Fnally, a pivot to a rubber grip panels i.e. OEM Kimber or classic MEUSOC Pacymayr Grips would you get some "grippiness" without the fabric abrasion issues. I have found both the Kimber and the Pachmayr rubber grips to NOT
    grab the fabric of the jacket such they do not compromise concealment.

YMMV Greatly.
    Just a vouch that VCD carries in a suit a lot, and until he fell prey to bad taste carried a steel 1911.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List