Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Booby trapping campaign signs

Booby trapping campaign signs

I've just had some local-level campaign signs stolen off of my property. I'm going to set up a trail cam for the new ones, but sans electricity; what are some good ways to booby trap the new campaign signs?
    #RESIST

Banned
    Surround them with dog poop

Extra long stake in the ground. Some sort of wire that connects them to something that won't move easily. Put a sign on the back telling them they are being filmed and trespass enforced. (have to get close enough to read)

Edit; Pepper spray on the handle.
    Last edited by beenalongtime; 10-25-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Stealing legally placed campaign signs is a felony some places I guess

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm going to set up a trail cam for the new ones, but sans electricity; what are some good ways to booby trap the new campaign signs?
    Define "booby trap." I'd be reluctant to do anything other than catch someone in the act due to the possibility of getting sued.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Define "booby trap." I'd be reluctant to do anything other than catch someone in the act due to the possibility of getting sued.
    "Prank"
    #RESIST

I had this happen leading up to the 2012 election. Some snowflake douchebag stole my Romney sign. I replaced it with 3 of them and anchored them with fishing line that was loose and staked into the ground. The idea being as they grabbed it and ran it would let them get a few feet before the slack came out and rip it from their hands. I sprayed them with aerosol glue to annoy them and maybe get decent prints.

Of course the double standard, intolerant Liberal oxygen thieves never returned, but when I told the neighbors what happened they all went and got Romney signs for their yards.

I remember seeing something a couple years ago about someone attaching razors inconspicuously to the signs, so that people sliced their hands up. Also, someone ran one over and had their tire popped and when they tried to sue the owner of the sign, the judge ruled in favor of the sign owner's counter-suit and actually made the driver pay for damages to the signs and yard.

I'd stick with obviously harmless pranks. Maybe smearing the stick with some horrible stank? Like dog's buttgland or what comes out of a garter snake's ass.

EDIT: https://www.amazon.com/coyote-scent/s?k=coyote+scent

I like the trail cam even better. Then post on Next Door.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-25-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Maybe use fishing line and some eyelets, connect to a lever, lever pushes the button an an emergency boater's air horn? When the sign is lifted, tightens the line, air horn blast sounds? It'd be a lot simpler if there was a pull to activate horn available, but a quick Google didn't show me such a thing available.

An electric circuit activation would open up more possibilities, but I'm figuring you don't want to spend the money and effort on anything too crazy. I mean, if you do, sky's the limit. Pressure release switch that activates confetti cannons, disco lights, and a loud speaker repeating "look what this dickweed is doing!!!!" at barely hearing safe levels. Or, you know, whatever.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List