Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man shot 15 times walks into emergency room

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Sure as hell wasn’t 45LC.

I mean, it would have taken forever to reload that many times.
    [)
    Multiple attackers. Wearing red sashes.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

This video clearly shows centerfire pistol casings. "Large caliber" according to some...

https://6abc.com/man-survives-being-...ngton/5645858/
    Last edited by ArgentFix; 10-26-2019 at 01:58 AM.

Those casings look like .45 ACP to me.

Locally we had a guy shot in the head with a .45 ACP, but the bullet was frangible. The victim survived, luckily.

The victim could have have taken hits to adipose body armor.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    This video clearly shows centerfire pistol casings. "Large caliber" according to some...

Compared to a 22LR, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post

If this video actually goes with this incident, I would say they appear to be .45acp brass based on characteristics such as primer-to-case head size ratio, the characteristics of the case rim, and the length of the case. Just based on what I see, they definitely don't appear to be 9mm. Maybe the perp used a G21 extended magazine? I see a lot of extended mags in perp guns these days. Being brass casings, I would venture to say that they were all FMJ loads. I'd take a good 9mm JHP over a .45acp FMJ load any day.

Of course, this brief story leaves out the most important aspect of any shooting.....where the guy was actually shot. Even if the guy gets a lung shot-out by several rounds, and the wounds throughout his body do not cause significant bone structure damage or bleeding, he could definitely walk himself to the hospital with the right motivation.

SOCMOB
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Come work at a trauma center--not that unusual....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I've got a coworker in Philly who works with the PD and got some more info. There were two sets of brass on the ground. An area where there were a few .45acp casings(media pictures), and an area with a large number of 9mm casings. The blood was nearest to the area with the .45acp brass. The .45 brass appeared to be gold-colored, and the 9mm brass appeared to be steel-cased and wasn't as visible in the dark. Early theories from the LEs on scene was that the "victim" was on the receiving end of the 9mm, and that he returned fire with a .45 after being shot. Based on the criminal history of the person shot, if he did have a .45 in his possession he got rid of it before walking to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Come work at a trauma center--not that unusual....
    This^^^^

According to heyjackass.com (Chicago's leading crime stats aggregator) - 2325 people have been shot in Chicago year-to-date. Of those only 399 expired. Giving us about a 17.1% homicide rate by shooting. Now, not all of those shot, were shot with handguns, but the Chicago PD data tells us about 90% of those shootings occur with handguns. As near as I can tell, that's about average for most urban areas, where the handgun-derived homicide rate is somewhere between 15-20%.

Cops and civilian self-defenders do better in Chicago. For the cops YTD is 9 OIS with 5 suspects killed (55.5%). For self-defense YTD is 14 shootings with 6 suspects killed (42.85%). Presumably, both officers and civilian self-defenders carry more effective ammunition, but also likely practice better marksmanship skills, leading to higher efficacy rates in general. If I had to guess, I'd guess better marksmanship accounts for about 80-90% of that higher rate.

Long-story short:

1) handgun rounds suck
    2) marksmanship trumps all
    3) don't use shitty ammo

User Tag List