Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hell of a TQ use story in today's local paper

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    ...and I've documented it, sending both back to tacmed. Without a single response.

I don't care who has done what with whatever, that's what happened. Don't particularly care what anyone thinks about it. I found a better product that won't experience the same issues. Problem solved.
    Well, how did they break?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What are the various military studies saying that the RMT is the best tourniquet by a wide margin?

FWIW, we tested them and nixed them, along with the TMT and SAM TQ. Our supply line remains the SOFT-W when available, with a preference for the older SOFT-TW over the newer ones, and Gen 7 CATs when the supply line runs low.
    Have documentation for why you guys didn't go with them? Would love to read it.

http://www.vdmsr.com/2019/10/the-rmt...uld-carry.html

Last section has a few studies. Some studies aren't publicly available but I'm sure you can manage to get them if youre so inclined.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 11-06-2019 at 06:02 PM.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Well, how did they break?
    http://www.vdmsr.com/2018/01/tacmed-sof-t-failure.html

I've posted elsewhere (like on pf) before.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Well, shameless plugs to get views on your website again instead of just posting the information, as usual.

Beyond that:

The one reference in your article is simply the CoTCCC list of approved TQs, the next stated, "No significant differences" between the CAT, SOFT-TW, and RMT. The last did not portray that the RMT was a superior tourniquet "by a large margin", but rather stated they were all acceptable.

I'm not saying the RMT is an inferior tourniquet.....to be perfectly honest, I'd be carrying it for the one handed ease except it isn't one that my colleagues are usually trained on.

To claim it is superior by a large margin is a big nothingburger that is not supported, and in general I find it really suspicious when someone shills a piece of gear they sell and claim it is something it isn't, as well as report something about another TQ competitor that is something that has never happened to anyone else...….and then goes out of their way to insinuate another entity is shilling gear they sell, and that people should be wary of them.

What is true is that generation of buckle was changed as it would deform, but we're talking deformation over hundreds of full force applications....not a single, first application....and AFAIK they never deformed to the point that it would lose tension, but rather it just didn't snap the buckle into place any longer.

In the end, the current batch of TQs are like premium defensive ammo: pick one off the good doctors list, and drive on...…..anyone claiming that one (especially one they sell) is markedly superior by a wide margin, God's One true tourniquet/bullet, is suspect.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Well, shameless plugs to get views on your website again instead of just posting the information, as usual.

Beyond that:

The one reference in your article is simply the CoTCCC list of approved TQs, the next stated, "No significant differences" between the CAT, SOFT-TW, and RMT. The last did not portray that the RMT was a superior tourniquet "by a large margin", but rather stated they were all acceptable.

I'm not saying the RMT is an inferior tourniquet.....to be perfectly honest, I'd be carrying it for the one handed ease except it isn't one that my colleagues are usually trained on.

To claim it is superior by a large margin is a big nothingburger that is not supported, and in general I find it really suspicious when someone shills a piece of gear they sell and claim it is something it isn't, as well as report something about another TQ competitor that is something that has never happened to anyone else...….and then goes out of their way to insinuate another entity is shilling gear they sell, and that people should be wary of them.

What is true is that generation of buckle was changed as it would deform, but we're talking deformation over hundreds of full force applications....not a single, first application....and AFAIK they never deformed to the point that it would lose tension, but rather it just didn't snap the buckle into place any longer.

In the end, the current batch of TQs are like premium defensive ammo: pick one off the good doctors list, and drive on...…..anyone claiming that one (especially one they sell) is markedly superior by a wide margin, God's One true tourniquet/bullet, is suspect.
    You asked how they broke, I gave you a time/date stamped post. That's shameless to you?

If you would like to continue this, or any other, conversation I'd suggest you tone down the rhetoric.
    VDMSR.com

OK, let's move on with the discussion.
    #RESIST

Re: the discussion: is the RMT useable by a person who has not trained on it?

If I carry one, I’ll train with it. But if I’m incapacitated, and my buddy/wife sees it sticking out of my pocket and wants to use it, will they be able to?

“Buddies” means fellow military personnel with annual training with a CAT or SOFT-W.

My wife would be trained by me.

I’m thinking a more familiar TQ would be better for carry at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Re: the discussion: is the RMT useable by a person who has not trained on it?

If I carry one, I’ll train with it. But if I’m incapacitated, and my buddy/wife sees it sticking out of my pocket and wants to use it, will they be able to?

“Buddies” means fellow military personnel with annual training with a CAT or SOFT-W.

My wife would be trained by me.

I’m thinking a more familiar TQ would be better for carry at work.

There's a study done, I believe by the Navy (I'll try to find it when I get a chance) which shows that the RMT is the easiest to apply effectively (to occlusion) by non-trained persons of all TQs they tested (cat/sof t included).
    VDMSR.com

Hell of a TQ use story in today's local paper

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    There's a study done, I believe by the Navy (I'll try to find it when I get a chance) which shows that the RMT is the easiest to apply effectively (to occlusion) by non-trained persons of all TQs they tested (cat/sof t included).
    I figured it out pretty quickly, without using the instructions, so I’ll probably keep the tourniquet. I do want a smaller one for carrying, though.

Edit: and I would like to see that study.

Last edited by seabiscuit; 11-12-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

User Tag List