Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaboom!

Glad you are OK and thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Glad you are OK and thanks for sharing!
    Ditto
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I apologize if I missed it but what powder are you using?

I usually try to avoid powders such as Titegroup where a little goes a long way. I prefer powders that take up more case with the idea that a double charge (or a light charge for that matter) are hopefully more easily recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I apologize if I missed it but what powder are you using?

I usually try to avoid powders such as Titegroup where a little goes a long way. I prefer powders that take up more case with the idea that a double charge (or a light charge for that matter) are hopefully more easily recognized.
    Same here. Iím using PrimaV, which is similar to N320. A full doublecharge comes nearly to the rim, and the bullet wonít seat. Thatís why I THOUGHT I was safe without a powder check station.
    "BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You donít really graduate from certain problems or certain thingsÖ like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Same here. Iím using PrimaV, which is similar to N320. A full doublecharge comes nearly to the rim, and the bullet wonít seat. Thatís why I THOUGHT I was safe without a powder check station.
    Yikes!

So if this was a double charge it wasn't just twice the powder but twice the powder highly compressed...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Yikes!

So if this was a double charge it wasn't just twice the powder but twice the powder highly compressed...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Still not sure exactly what happened but no way will a bullet seat on a full 2x charge. My best guess is two unusually light charges or one full and one partial. And yes, compressed.

I donít want to do that again.
    "BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You donít really graduate from certain problems or certain thingsÖ like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

Glad you are ok. i have found more than a few reasons I am content just shooting factory ammo.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Its tough to tell from the pics, but it looks like brittle brass also played a part in your kaBoom. The condition of the primer has me scratching my head. How many loadings for that casing?

I noticed that the mouth of the case is split and torn sideways. My Mr BF expanding die will do this sometimes and I catch it at the seating station. I just discard the case and move on. I wonder if this could have caused the bullet to be very deeply seated and raised pressures. That primer pocket shows some pressure for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I noticed that the mouth of the case is split and torn sideways. My Mr BF expanding die will do this sometimes and I catch it at the seating station. I just discard the case and move on. I wonder if this could have caused the bullet to be very deeply seated and raised pressures. That primer pocket shows some pressure for sure.
    This is what I think as well. It does look like a setback bullet, not a double charge

User Tag List