Thread: "H&K" Fabarm FP6

"H&K" Fabarm FP6

My FP6 is one of two shotties I own (the other is an inherited Stevens single-shot 12 gauge).

Owned it since 2006 or so. Got it for $225. I know jack about scatterguns, but despite the shit front sight (not a bead), I seem to do OK with it.

Anyone have experience with this model? Should I be selling and getting something more mainstream, and more well-supported in accessories and parts? I only care about anti-varmint and home defense applications within 25 yards on a heavily wooded rural property.

ETA: It's the 20" ventilated handguard model.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 10-23-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

I wouldn't trade it, unless there is some compelling reason to. The FP6 has a back-bored barrel stock from the factory and is one of the nicest shooting pumps ever made, in my opinion. Not the slickest, but very nice.

If'n it were me. I would mount a flashlight, sling, and upgrade the sights. You could do that a couple of different ways - but LPA Ghost-Rings may be the most economical/simple - https://www.lpasights.com/en/prod/shotguns/ I think a number of FP6s were drilled and tapped on the receiver for a rail. If your's is such, mount a rail and mount a red-dot. An inexpensive, very good, shotgun optic is the Holosun 503G ACSS reticle, where the horsehoe represents an ideal spread of buckshot out to 25y - https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...t-acss-reticle - Mount it as low as possible.

Heck, I might just drill and tap the receiver and go red-dot over ghost-rings anyways.

Then you just need spare shells. I think the problem with the FP6 is the handguard extends back and can hit a receiver mounted shell carrier. If your's doesn't - get the Vang Comp Detachable carrier - https://vangcomp.com/product/vcs-det...ition-carrier/ - or a Universal Q-DC from Aridus - https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...etach-carrier/ - If the pump does interfere - you can mount a receiver type velcro shotgun card to the stock or go with a butt-cuff. Either way, get extra shells on the gun.

To sum up a defensive shotgun needs:

Reliability
    Relatively short barrel (>22")
    Sights
    Spare Shells
    Sling
    Light

In that order. If you've got spare shells sorted, sort out the sights, mount a light and sling - be done.

If you opt for a buttcuff, they're 12 bucks + a little patch of hook side velcro (to help keep it from twisting), a GG&G flashlight mount, can have a sling point built in (30 bucks), a pistol light or Insight WML (120 bucks), a hunk of picatinny and screws (30 bucks), Holosun 503G (220 bucks), and a simple 2-point sling (20 bucks). You'd have an enviously capable shotgun for....$432 + $225 you have originally in the gun. That's what it would cost to reasonably outfit any other pump shotgun on the planet, anyways.

Thanks!

I was pretty much fishing for a "keep it" response. The action seems quite slick to me, but as I said, I have very little to compare it with.

It definitely is nicer since I put the factory stock back on, instead of the Choate folder. I have an ancient(pre-led) light mount for it, but I need a new one. I put on an extended mag, so I will probably just put 4-5 slugs in a mount on the side. I currently keep it loaded with 5 OO 9 pellet, 3 slugs.

I probably will ask Mrs. Anders for one or two of those items you suggested for Christmas. Sights definitely #1 on my list.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List