Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current AR Hotness

Not high round count on either, but I have a 11.3” BA Hanson and a 14.5” Faxon Gunnar. Both are similar profile and are nice fit and finish wise, but in the future I’ll stick to the Hanson for that profile. The Hanson came appropriately gassed and like that it comes with a pinned gas block. The Faxon has their p&w ultra thin flash hider, which I like, but it was very gassy and AE 223 ejected around 1 o’clock. I ended up putting a Superlative adjustable block on it to calm things down.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

16" for a 15" rail.
    I haven’t tested it for accuracy but this barrel with a Geissele has block is running like a champ.

https://dsgarms.com/upper-receiver-parts-dsg-4001-0005

Where?
    https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/

What's the purpose of the barrel/build ?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    What's the purpose of the barrel/build ?
    It'll be a "cool" build on an M81 cerakoted Aero set. I've already got a few workhorse guns in 16", now I'm debating 16" and maaaybe 18" for something that's cool/interesting. Undecided between a LPVO or RDS. Kinda using this as a means to try some of the stuff I've ignored or not kept up with as much as I should've.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    What length are you looking to get? I’ve been very pleased with the barrels from DSG Arms. I’m also hoping to snag a Triarc barrel one of these days. Their hybrid rifling intrigues me and they have a 13.9” that with a welded muzzle device taking it to 16” OAL has the feel and maneuverability of an SBR without a stamp.

I also built a rifle with a Medcon barrel from Rainier Arms I’m digging. But it’s 416R stainless because I wanted accuracy even at the cost of longevity.
    I have 2x ARs with DSG barrels (11.5" duty grade, 16.5" match grade) and am also very happy with both . IIRC they are re-branded Ballistic Advantage.

Ballistic Advantage barrels have been good for the money, in my experience.

Here's something I picked up recently. I replaced a S&W 1X9 barrel with it:

http://www.blackrivertactical.com/co...ptimum-barrel/

Feedback on a couple AR boards has been excellent but I haven't done enough with the barrel yet to give a strong opinion.

In any case, I don't think you'll go wrong with pretty much any barrel out there. Plenty of good options available right now.

It'll be a "cool" build on an M81 cerakoted Aero set. I've already got a few workhorse guns in 16", now I'm debating 16" and maaaybe 18" for something that's cool/interesting. Undecided between a LPVO or RDS. Kinda using this as a means to try some of the stuff I've ignored or not kept up with as much as I should've.
    What's your budget?

If you got PROOF money get one of those, you will definitely not want for anything more.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    What's your budget?

If you got PROOF money get one of those, you will definitely not want for anything more.
    The budget doesn't exist. My concern over PROOF is barrel life. I don't know enough about them to know that I'll be doing "PROOF things" with the gun. I don't want a barrel with a 2,000 round usable life. I just don't know enough. They're cool as hell though. I got to shoot a friends SR-25 with a PROOF on it this past weekend.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

The budget doesn't exist. My concern over PROOF is barrel life. I don't know enough about them to know that I'll be doing "PROOF things" with the gun. I don't want a barrel with a 2,000 round usable life. I just don't know enough. They're cool as hell though. I got to shoot a friends SR-25 with a PROOF on it this past weekend.
    Bill (of amtacshooting.com) has had his proof16" on his training rifle for...3? (maybe less) or so years now. I shot it last month for distance with some cheapy 55gr, 600yd hits all day. Thing is light AF, makes the gun back heavy. The barrel isn't for dumping mags at cqb distance, its for accuracy with high end rounds. I need to ask him exactly what number of round he is on with it but I am guessing its in the 10k+ range at this point.

I may end up getting one for my next build.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List