Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Dropped, Offset Holster for 92 Centurion

Looking for a Dropped, Offset Holster for 92 Centurion

I’m turning my TJIAB’d 92D Centurion into a Christmas present for favorite and only sister. I’d like to include a holster or two in the package, but I have little clue on a good holster for a lefty woman.

Are there dropped, offset holsters that I should be looking at first? I think she’s be open to Kydex, but prefer leather. I understand that the timing might be a constraint to make it happen before Christmas.

I’ll for sure get her a OWB and some mag pouches, but are there any additional concerns to be aware of for an IWB holster for the sinistral pistolero-ess?
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I am also a lefty female 92 shooter.

My dropped and offset holster is a USPSA setup, owb. - a comp tac m9a1 holster works with railed 92s. I got it from Stoeger’s shop.

You mention IWB as well, which doesn’t involve drop or offset - what’re you looking for ? This is gonna be a range holster ? Or daily ? I can’t help with daily OWB at all.

Banned
    Iwb I have carried 92s in Kramer iwb3 and JMCK iwb2 for strong side. I really love the Kramer, but Christmas will or might be a push - I’d ask them.
    Last edited by Medusa; 10-23-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Holster fit is such a personal thing that recommending a holster without knowing the body type of the intended person can easily lead to failure. If she has carried a gun before, whether for competiton, classes or CCW, you should look at her collection of holsters and ask what she likes or doesn't like about them (yes that may be giving away your intentions but it may be better than a present that won't fit her).

That said, Kramer has a slightly dropped leather OWB holster that is purpose made for women. I couldn't tell you if it will work for your sister, but Kramer makes nice rigs.
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 10-23-2019 at 11:44 AM.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Banned
    It also matters what kinda jeans or pants or skirts she’s carrying with, and where the rise is. I’ve never tried the women’s belt scabbard from Kramer but I carry iwb. I also have a pretty long upper body, and am tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Holster fit is such a personal thing that recommending a holster without knowing the body type of the intended person can easily lead to failure. If she has carried a gun before, whether for competiton, classes or CCW, you should look at her collection of holsters and ask what she likes or doesn't like about them (yes that may be giving away your intentions but it may be better than a present that won't fit her).

That said, Kramer has a slightly dropped leather OWB holster that is purpose made for women. I couldn't tell you if it will work for your sister, but Kramer makes nice rigs.

@Rapid Butterfly, I was hoping for a bit of your wisdom and experience. I knew you were a pasta slinger, but I was not aware that you were also a lefty. Thank you and huzzah!

The OWB will be a range holster. I’ve read and heard that dropped, offset holsters tend to work better with female geometry, but have no experience myself in these matters. She mostly shoots shotgun clays and .22 rifle plinking, but has experience with my pistols and has expressed an interest in recreational and defensive centerfire handgun. Her previous carry experience is pocket carry with bitty .380s.

I know we all have the box or drawer with holsters we don’t like, and if there were a gun shop with a quality selection, I would just get her a gift card. I’m not certain if she’ll take to carrying a full-size pistol, but if she wants to try, I’d like to be able to at least provide her with something quality that has the needful characteristics of a good design. If it just turns out to not be a good fit, my hope is that at least it will help to intelligently inform a future choice.

Looks like I’ll be over at Kramer’s website tonight.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Banned
    @Clusterfrack helped me on this issue (as he has on others) by sending me to Ben Stoeger’s pro shop online where it was easy to get a complete uspsa setup including the dropped and offset holster stuff. I’m not as curvy as some but curvy enough I don’t like how a non dropped and offset owb holster sits on my body. Or I haven’t so far.

ETA - being female I got the BOSS and like it.
    Last edited by Medusa; 10-23-2019 at 05:56 PM.

The two main drop/offset adaptors are:

BOSS
    https://benstoegerproshop.com/bsps-b...er-mount-only/

and
    Springer Precision hanger
    https://shop.springerprecision.com/S...elts-DC010.htm

I like the Springer because it doesn't hang down and interfere with your thigh when you need to do ninja stuff. But for some body types, it won't work well because it lacks the cant adjustment spacer system of the BOSS. Also, if you're getting a whole rig the BOSS package with Ghost pouches is cheaper. The AA belt is the way to go because it's stiffer.

So, my recommendation is Springer, unless you are female and/or hefty, or cheap.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/c/Rang...-Holsters.html

JM Custom Range holster with TecLock and add a Blade Tec dropped offset hanger.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/c/Rang...-Holsters.html

JM Custom Range holster with TecLock and add a Blade Tec dropped offset hanger.
    ^ for an experiment I’m gonna try this with my early order bonus jmck range holster that’s coming with my LTT compact.

User Tag List