Thread: Week 344: Stress Inoculation

Week 344: Stress Inoculation

Week 344: Stress Inoculation

Results may be posted until November 25th, 2019.

Designed by: Clusterfrack
    Range: 7 yards (or scaled for dryfire target)
    Target: USPSA Metric, IDPA, or similar
    Start position: Holstered, concealed
    Rounds fired: 1 shot per day, dry or live fire, for at least 5 consecutive days

Do you ever worry that you will screw up your draw when it matters most? This drill is designed to inoculate you against the stress of on-demand performance. The goal is to be able to perform consistently even when you consciously fear failure.

Procedure: For at least 5 consecutive days, schedule a time to do this drill.

If you have a shot timer: Determine your par time to draw your gun from concealment and fire one shot (live or dry) to the lower A or -0 of the target. The par time should be around %120 of your best times. E.g. if your consistent best time to draw and fire is 1.5s, the par time for this drill is 1.5 * 120% = 1.8s.

Imagine a scenario where you have to draw your gun to defend yourself or those you love. Concentrate on how important it is to NOT SCREW UP YOUR DRAW. Think about how you only have one chance, and imagine that this is the single most important draw and shot of your life.

Optional: Hold your breath until it’s uncomfortable.

With timer: On the beep, draw and fire (or dryfire) one shot.
    Without timer: Count to 10. Draw and fire (or dryfire) one shot.

Pass: 1 hit (or called dryfire hit) in the A or -0 (under par time if timer used), with “normal" draw mechanics.

During each day, any time you think about the upcoming drill, focus on how important it is that you do it correctly. You will only get one chance. Don’t screw it up!

If you practice your draw, do it at a different time than when you execute this drill.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol, holster, cover garment used
    Did you use a timer?
    Daily log for at least 5 days: pass/fail, what happened, how you felt
    Anything else you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Glock 19
    JMCK Wing Claw 2.0 (w/ single strut) AIWB
    Heavy coat

For the "added stressor", I did the shots at night. No I don't run WMLs on my pistols, only the long guns. I run Ameriglo bold orange square w/ tritium front.

2 second par.

Please disregard the tapes holes, it's a target from a previous drill. Yes, I'm frugal!

1.98:
    Name:  20191101_211221.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  20.4 KB

1.66, a miss:
    Name:  20191102_193108.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  20.6 KB

2.08, over par:
    Name:  20191103_180415.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  19.8 KB

1.70:
    Name:  20191104_191241.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  19.0 KB

1.80:
    Name:  20191105_191057.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  21.2 KB
    Name:  20191105_215758.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  38.3 KB

Clusterfrack, my hat's off to you good sir. This was challenging. Knowing you're gonna take only one shot screws with you! I did no dryfire those days. That made it even more "doubtful". Does make you think though.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 11-06-2019 at 08:15 PM.

User Tag List