Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good gun belt.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Hopefully that works out for ya, seems like that new belt is more for that mode of carry than that volund belt. I’ve got one and it’s awful stiff.
    I originally had the standard stuff Volund Atlas G-hook belt and it worked great for IWB but not for AIWB. Too much hula hoop effect. I then switched to the slim Atlas G-hook belt which was much better for AIWB but did not provide better comfort. I struggled with this for a few years and finally got the Megingjord belt. Glad I did. It is working great for AIWB. Holsters I was going to throw away have come back out and are much more comfy due to the design of this belt.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Just figured I’d update the thread to say that the Kore belt has been working excellent on the fact that it can be quickly loosened/tightened on the fly which is great.

But- until I can someday loose the gut, I’ve come to the conclusion that no belt I buy is going to be the ultimate solution for when I’m sitting all day so that’s why I’ve moved back to pocket carry with the Springfield while wearing cargo pants. I know that doesn’t help me for when I’m in the truck but I’m looking at one of these heavy duty coated magnet mount sticks I can mount under the dash for quick-access since the Springfield won’t be accessible while it rides in my upper front pocket.

The Kore belt still gets used for casual wear in the winter when it’s time to go weekend shopping at Sams and such but with springtime right around the corner-pretty much from here in the next several weeks, all the way up until October, it’s gonna be pocket carry in cargo shorts for when not at work.

Thanks again to everybody that helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are just hell-bent on making bad decisions aren’t you? You didn’t listen to knowledgeable folks who gave you answers on viable belts and now you’re seriously looking at a magnet to mount your pistol in your car...

Your gut is no excuse for why your shit ain’t comfortable all day, your sub-par-against-sage-advice choice in belts is what’s the problem. Get one of the recommended belts for the love of all that is holy.

I had the discomfort issue myself, though my issue was soreness along my hips. Loosening the belt a smidge did wonders. It’s why a belt with a wide range of adjustability is a common suggestion.

As for the car magnet nonsense:

Don’t.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/8826

Please, if you’re going to ask for the input from a forum where most of the active members carry daily and have experience far beyond that of most gun forums then take the advice. Don’t be an ask-hole (one who asks for advice and then does their own thing anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    You are just hell-bent on making bad decisions aren’t you? You didn’t listen to knowledgeable folks who gave you answers on viable belts and now you’re seriously looking at a magnet to mount your pistol in your car...

Your gut is no excuse for why your shit ain’t comfortable all day, your sub-par-against-sage-advice choice in belts is what’s the problem. Get one of the recommended belts for the love of all that is holy.

I had the discomfort issue myself, though my issue was soreness along my hips. Loosening the belt a smidge did wonders. It’s why a belt with a wide range of adjustability is a common suggestion.

As for the car magnet nonsense:

Don’t.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/8826

Please, if you’re going to ask for the input from a forum where most of the active members carry daily and have experience far beyond that of most gun forums then take the advice. Don’t be an ask-hole (one who asks for advice and then does their own thing anyway).
    Wow. The condescension on this forum is absolutely amazing. It’s no wonder why I don’t spend a whole lotta time here anymore. It also even kind of makes me wonder why I even bothered posting an update to this forum in the first place because I kind of expected a response like this from somebody else, not from you but kudos to you for proving me wrong.

But don’t be an askhole?? Excuse me but, tell me how this wilderness belt is going to be such a difference between night and day, even over my Volund belt? You do realize that there’s been like, 10 other belts that’s been recommended to me but oh my, just because this wilderness belt is the one that’s gotten the most votes that holy hell, I just need to shut my mouth and go with that belt irregardless of how I feel about anything huh? Excuse me but, I don’t see anywhere in here where it says that I am obligated to go with what the majority of y’all tell me to get. That choice is still up to me what I spent my money on.

As far as getting one of those magnetic mounts, I don’t need your condescending tone on that because I haven’t yet made up my mind if that’s what I want to do. I just brought it up as food for thought. As far as I know, my other pistol that I carry in this truck will probably just stay in my backpack where it’s been this whole time. Might I ask you if I have your approval on that too?

But let me ask you something, buddy… Since you’ve already taken it upon yourself to use the tactic of assuming that what works for you should work for me just because it works for you, let me ask you… What is it you do all day? Are you in a seated position for the majority of your day? I’m pretty sure I’ve already talked about this months ago when I stated I was having a problem with all this because I am seated all day. And whether you wanna except it or not, the reason I like my kore essentials belt is because of how easily I can loosen it and tighten it. How is this wilderness belt going to be any better than that? But that’s why I’ve come to the conclusion that since I sit down all day long that maybe because of my physical shape, that maybe carrying a gun outside the waistband may not be the best option for me because of the fact that the fatigue of having to keep that belt so tight to hold everything up just takes too much of the comfort away and makes me even not want to carry at all. But like I said, before you go comparing yourself to me give me a little bit of insight on you and explain to me why this works for you and why you think this is gonna work for me just because it works for you.

At this point I feel like really my only true option is to wear suspenders, or to invest in a shoulder harness and let me tell you, I don’t want to do either one of those things.

But if you seriously want to help, check the better-than-you attitude at the door.

Wow. The condescension on this forum is absolutely amazing. It’s no wonder why I don’t spend a whole lotta time here anymore. It also even kind of makes me wonder why I even bothered posting an update to this forum in the first place because I kind of expected a response like this from somebody else, not from you but kudos to you for proving me wrong.

But don’t be an askhole?? Excuse me but, tell me how this wilderness belt is going to be such a difference between night and day, even over my Volund belt? You do realize that there’s been like, 10 other belts that’s been recommended to me but oh my, just because this wilderness belt is the one that’s gotten the most votes that holy hell, I just need to shut my mouth and go with that belt irregardless of how I feel about anything huh? Excuse me but, I don’t see anywhere in here where it says that I am obligated to go with what the majority of y’all tell me to get. That choice is still up to me what I spent my money on.

As far as getting one of those magnetic mounts, I don’t need your condescending tone on that because I haven’t yet made up my mind if that’s what I want to do. I just brought it up as food for thought. As far as I know, my other pistol that I carry in this truck will probably just stay in my backpack where it’s been this whole time. Might I ask you if I have your approval on that too?

But let me ask you something, buddy… Since you’ve already taken it upon yourself to use the tactic of assuming that what works for you should work for me just because it works for you, let me ask you… What is it you do all day? Are you in a seated position for the majority of your day? I’m pretty sure I’ve already talked about this months ago when I stated I was having a problem with all this because I am seated all day. And whether you wanna except it or not, the reason I like my kore essentials belt is because of how easily I can loosen it and tighten it. How is this wilderness belt going to be any better than that? But that’s why I’ve come to the conclusion that since I sit down all day long that maybe because of my physical shape, that maybe carrying a gun outside the waistband may not be the best option for me because of the fact that the fatigue of having to keep that belt so tight to hold everything up just takes too much of the comfort away and makes me even not want to carry at all. But like I said, before you go comparing yourself to me give me a little bit of insight on you and explain to me why this works for you and why you think this is gonna work for me just because it works for you.

At this point I feel like really my only true option is to wear suspenders, or to invest in a shoulder harness and let me tell you, I don’t want to do either one of those things.

But if you seriously want to help, check the better-than-you attitude at the door.

You call it condescending but it’s being irritated at having solid advice being ignored.

Yeah there can be a degree of pretentiousness here at times that can turn folks off from participating, been there myself as I imagine many others have experienced the same at one point or another. I don’t view myself as having a significantly pretentious disposition especially here where I know I’m not nearly as squared away as others so I have no illusions about that.

Was I abrasive? Yeah and it’s likely I took it a bit too far, so for that I apologize. But I stand by my statement of “Don’t be an ask-hole”. You ignored the advice initially and are seemingly not wanting to put in the time and effort to tune your set-up.

I’m willing to help in a non-dickish fashion, as I’m sure are the others who’ve chimed in. But I imagine we all share the same frustration in not having well-founded advice heeded.

As for what I do daily I’m moderately active while carrying AIWB all day (current employer has no policy against carry and is rather 2A friendly). I sometimes move around 100lbs+ objects and do get poked and prodded by my gun or holster at times. I made myself a bigger wedge recently for my JMCK Wing Claw 2.0 because my gel pad was leading the edge of the holster below the wing attachment to dig in to my thigh, sometimes painfully especially when I sat down. I still haven’t perfected the comfort of my carry, it seems to sometimes vary daily.

"What does it mean when nearly everyone who has more experience, expertise, and knowledge on a topic arrives at a substantially different opinion than I do?" —David Yamane
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    "What does it mean when nearly everyone who has more experience, expertise, and knowledge on a topic arrives at a substantially different opinion than I do?" —David Yamane
    They'er all wrong???
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

The thing I hate most about Yeager is how often I agree with him.

https://youtu.be/PCv5wFVjSwQ

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    You call it condescending but it’s being irritated at having solid advice being ignored.

Yeah there can be a degree of pretentiousness here at times that can turn folks off from participating, been there myself as I imagine many others have experienced the same at one point or another. I don’t view myself as having a significantly pretentious disposition especially here where I know I’m not nearly as squared away as others so I have no illusions about that.

Was I abrasive? Yeah and it’s likely I took it a bit too far, so for that I apologize. But I stand by my statement of “Don’t be an ask-hole”. You ignored the advice initially and are seemingly not wanting to put in the time and effort to tune your set-up.
    Well, you call it being ignored, I call it just advice given and simply taken as a suggestion. I’m so sorry that you apparently, and so many others think of your advice as pretty much an order instead of just a plain and simple suggestion.

And with that, what about everybody else’s advice? You expect me to buy all 10 or so belts that’s been recommended just because they’ve been recommended? Come on man. Don’t be like some of these people and call my chosen actions as ignoring. That’s childish.

[quote]I’m willing to help in a non-dickish fashion, as I’m sure are the others who’ve chimed in. But I imagine we all share the same frustration in not having well-founded advice heeded.

Irregardless of your frustrations, if you’re going to lend somebody advice, you really need to do that in a non-dickish fashion no matter what, because if you’re incapable of that, then you really don’t need to be giving people advice because most people don’t like to be made to feel like they’re being talked down upon like they know shit and you know absolutely everything.

As for what I do daily I’m moderately active while carrying AIWB all day (current employer has no policy against carry and is rather 2A friendly). I sometimes move around 100lbs+ objects and do get poked and prodded by my gun or holster at times. I made myself a bigger wedge recently for my JMCK Wing Claw 2.0 because my gel pad was leading the edge of the holster below the wing attachment to dig in to my thigh, sometimes painfully especially when I sat down. I still haven’t perfected the comfort of my carry, it seems to sometimes vary daily.
    Well, I kind of figured that what you do is far different from what I do. If I was up moving around like you were- number one, I wouldn’t have probably near as much of this gut as I have that I feel is impeding me in the first place but if I was moving around like you were, either of those two new belts that I bought, I could probably cinch those down fairly comfortably snug to where they hold my pants up and not have a problem the rest of the day.

But like I said, since I spend the majority of my day sitting down, how tight I have to have my belt when I’m outside this truck standing up, is far too tight when seated and eventually it starts digging into my gut below my navel. At least by having this kore essentials belt, I can very easily loosen it up a notch or two and it’s a little bit more comfortable but then, I’m at the same problem whenever I get out of his truck that my pants want to fall down so then I have to tighten back up. It’s a rinse lather repeat kinda thing all day long.

That’s why I said I think I’ve reached the conclusion that trying to carry this way, is not for me. I know y’all don’t like it, and I know y’all don’t care for it but at least for now pocket carry is the way to go for me. I wish there was a better alternative but like I said, the shoulder harness and the suspenders is out.

Looking for a good gun belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    They'er all wrong???
    So, they’re all right??? Like I told that other person, there was other belts recommended too. They all wrong???

Site Supporter
    4 Months into this "journey", having spent 2x --3x what an infinitely adjustable Wilderness Belt (as in, it can made tighter or looser at will, seated or standing) , 100% Made in the USA belt would have cost you, where are you on the following software issues:

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and hit an 8 inch circle at 3 yards in under 2 seconds, COLD, every time?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform, and do a FAST Test in under 10 seconds, COLD, every time with no points down?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform, taking a big step off line and hit an 8 inch circle at 5 yards, with 5 rounds, in under 4 secs., COLD, every time?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and hit an 8 inch plate at 10 yrds, at will, COLD, every time with no time constraints?( bang, tink, bang, tink, bang, tink etc.)

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and shoot a 5 shoot group at 5 yrds that you can cover with a credit card, COLD, every time?

Have you taken any formal training beyond a CCW class in the last 24 months?

User Tag List