Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good gun belt.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Yes, I volunteered on a fire department for over 6 years so uh, I’ve worked my fair share of auto accidents. This is no mystery to me but, tell me some more logical cons to this other than the drastic aftermath of an auto accident? So, you know better. Let your FD experience be your guide. We are all human, which means we are not infallible, thus forgetting to secure you pistol when you get out is a distinct possibility.

And excuse me for rebutting but uh, you don’t think the same problem couldn’t happen from a gun being strapped to my side, or in my pocket, if I went flying???? C’mon man, if you’re gonna resort to this type of rebuttal, at least think it through and make sense. Much less likely from a decent holster, very unlikely from your pocket.

Nice attempt at being original- at least try to come up with something different instead of regurgitating what someone else said.

But again- just like I told the other guy who said this pretty much same exact thing, call it ignoring all ya want. That’s not what it is. So that's two people telling you the same thing? Maybe it's a 'pro-tip"

No, it’s the condescending attitude that aims at attempting to make me look stupid and suggests I have no idea what I’m talking about. That’s... what I get “humped up” about. I've read the whole thread, everyone seemed helpful, and with valid questions.

It does, when people try to work together and actually act like they’re trying to help, rather than act like they’re know-it-all’s, and have this shut-up and don’t speak or argue attitude. Again, folks just trying to be helpful.

Didn’t think that happened here. Oh, wait a minute, you’re saying I’m asking for validation from the choices I made- right? Well, I haven’t done that. I just simply stated that’s what I’ve resorted to because I can’t find a feasible solution. Then maybe try some of the solutions that have been offered to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    "What does it mean when nearly everyone who has more experience, expertise, and knowledge on a topic arrives at a substantially different opinion than I do?" —David Yamane
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    They'er all wrong???
    Name:  RaylanGivens.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  23.0 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

So, you know better. Let your FD experience be your guide. We are all human, which means we are not infallible, thus forgetting to secure you pistol when you get out is a distinct possibility.
    I said I have a nice place I actually can secure my firearm for when I leave. I’d just have to get a padlock.

Much less likely from a decent holster, very unlikely from your pocket.
    Well, anything’s possible. I’ve seen people separated from their own shoes/boots but there’s always a decent enough holster that is more than likely gonna stay with me, huh?

So that's two people telling you the same thing? Maybe it's a 'pro-tip"
    Excuse me but- LOL!!!

You really expect me to believe that just because two- people said this that both y’all is automatically right and I’m not? Seriously?

Multiple people said this wilderness belt is where it’s at. Do you really think that just because- I dunno- if I had to guess, probably 5 or so people recommended that very same belt that, my problems would indefinitely be solved?? See what I just did there?

I've read the whole thread, everyone seemed helpful, and with valid questions.
    Egh, not all of them but I’m not gonna argue with you on that.

Again, folks just trying to be helpful.
    May be, but some have a pretty morbid way of doing it.

Then maybe try some of the solutions that have been offered to you.
    I have. Ok, I haven’t tried the wilderness belt but again, do you really think that’s my saving grace? Both my new belts work, but when I have to sit, they have to be loosened quite a bit and when I get out, they have to be retightened. Is this your idea of a good and worthy practice?

I said I have a nice place I actually can secure my firearm for when I leave. I’d just have to get a padlock. Believe it or not, you would not be the first person to forget to secure a weapon. We are creatures of habit, but if something happens to break our "routine", then all bets are off. Mistakes do happen. One of my employees came within a C-hair of being terminated for not securing a firearm. Harsh discipline followed, but it was a grave error.

Well, anything’s possible. I’ve seen people separated from their own shoes/boots but there’s always a decent enough holster that is more than likely gonna stay with me, huh?
    Yes.

Excuse me but- LOL!!!

You really expect me to believe that just because two- people said this that both y’all is automatically right and I’m not? Seriously? Yes, yes I do. Remember, Pro-Tip.

Multiple people said this wilderness belt is where it’s at. Do you really think that just because- I dunno- if I had to guess, probably 5 or so people recommended that very same belt that, my problems would indefinitely be solved?? See what I just did there?
    It is a really good belt. However, I replaced mine with A Master Mind Tactics Graith, which, sadly is out of production. My next belt will be
    https://vdevgru.com/products/megingj...y-belt-ver-3-0
    Watch the video, see if that will help you.

Egh, not all of them but I’m not gonna argue with you on that. Different people will express themselves in their own manner.

May be, but some have a pretty morbid way of doing it. See above.

I have. Ok, I haven’t tried the wilderness belt but again, do you really think that’s my saving grace? Both my new belts work, but when I have to sit, they have to be loosened quite a bit and when I get out, they have to be retightened. Is this your idea of a good and worthy practice? The belt will certainly help, as far as a good practice, it is miles better than that magnetic mount.

"And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke

Looking for a good gun belt.

Believe it or not, you would not be the first person to forget to secure a weapon. We are creatures of habit, but if something happens to break our "routine", then all bets are off. Mistakes do happen. One of my employees came within a C-hair of being terminated for not securing a firearm. Harsh discipline followed, but it was a grave error.
    As pertaining to my situation, I guess that’s just a risk I’d have to take but I assure you, It’d probably amaze you at how much I’d strive not to leave my other gun stuck to that magnet out in the open.

Yes.
    So then why hound me over a what if when virtually anything is possible?

By that logic, I’m better off to just travel unarmed.

Yes, yes I do. Remember, Pro-Tip.
    Potae-to, Potot-o.

It is a really good belt. However, I replaced mine with A Master Mind Tactics Graith, which, sadly is out of production. My next belt will be
    https://vdevgru.com/products/megingj...p...lt-ver-3-0
    Watch the video, see if that will help you.
    I don’t doubt that it’s not. But that’s not answering my question. What is that belt gonna do that my other new belts won’t? Sure, that belt is far more adjustable on the fly as my Volund belt but how is that belt better than my kore belt? It’s just as stiff and has the same on the fly adjustability. But on a side note, my kore belt has no Velcro to screw with like the wilderness belt.

But again, how does that Thor belt help me when that’s pretty much an appendix belt??

The belt will certainly help, as far as a good practice, it is miles better than that magnetic mount.
    Again, how is this belt any better than my kore belt? Telling me this belt is better than a magnet mount is not telling how said belt is better than my current belt.

As pertaining to my situation, I guess that’s just a risk I’d have to take but I assure you, It’d probably amaze you at how much I’d strive not to leave my other gun stuck to that magnet out in the open.

So then why hound me over a what if when virtually anything is possible?

By that logic, I’m better off to just travel unarmed.

Potae-to, Potot-o.

I don’t doubt that it’s not. But that’s not answering my question. What is that belt gonna do that my other new belts won’t? Sure, that belt is far more adjustable on the fly as my Volund belt but how is that belt better than my kore belt? It’s just as stiff and has the same on the fly adjustability. But on a side note, my kore belt has no Velcro to screw with like the wilderness belt.

But again, how does that Thor belt help me when that’s pretty much an appendix belt??

Again, how is this belt any better than my kore belt? Telling me this belt is better than a magnet mount is not telling how said belt is better than my current belt.

What can I tell you that 13 pages hasn't told you already?
    The other side of it? It's just a fucking belt, get over it or buy it, you choose.
    It isn't like your at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch and you can only choose one.

What can I tell you that 13 pages hasn't told you already?
    I dunno, I was hoping for something different.
    The other side of it? It's just a fucking belt, get over it or buy it, you choose.
    I’m afraid it’s a lot more than just a fucking belt.

It isn't like your at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch and you can only choose one.
    Yeah well, I don’t need multiple belts, dude.

I have. Ok, I haven’t tried the wilderness belt but again, do you really think that’s my saving grace? Both my new belts work, but when I have to sit, they have to be loosened quite a bit and when I get out, they have to be retightened. Is this your idea of a good and worthy practice?
    Yes. I find that even 1/4" of adjustment on my Graith or Wilderness belts makes a big difference. Wearing a holster comfortably, especially AIWB takes a lot of practice. I often make small adjustments after I eat. I don't have to do that when I'm driving, but I would't have a problem with it.

I've got a drawer full of holsters that didn't work, and those are the ones I haven't sold or given away. AIWB wedges? Yup, I've got lots of those too. I have maybe 10 belts right now, and half of them are failures that I haven't got around to unloading. And don't get me started on pants. I used to like 5.11 Tac Lite pants, but they do not work for AIWB carry for me. The rise is too high. The Dickies I used to love? Nope. Rise is too low.

I literally dress around carrying a gun, and I'm really good at it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yes. I find that even 1/4" of adjustment on my Graith or Wilderness belts makes a big difference. Wearing a holster comfortably, especially AIWB takes a lot of practice. I often make small adjustments after I eat. I don't have to do that when I'm driving, but I would't have a problem with it.

I've got a drawer full of holsters that didn't work, and those are the ones I haven't sold or given away. AIWB wedges? Yup, I've got lots of those too. I have maybe 10 belts right now, and half of them are failures that I haven't got around to unloading. And don't get me started on pants. I used to like 5.11 Tac Lite pants, but they do not work for AIWB carry for me. The rise is too high. The Dickies I used to love? Nope. Rise is too low.

I literally dress around carrying a gun, and I'm really good at it.
    I thought I was doing a good job of dressing around a gun, and yes, like the video posted from the guy in the big shed building said, I realize that comfort isn’t totally the name of the game but dammit, when a belt starts cutting into you, somethin’s gotta give. Sure, if I didn’t have the belly, things would probably be worlds better but until I can deflate this damn thing, it this what it is.

But like I keep telling everyone else, I really don’t think there is a belt that’s gonna solve my problem in my specific situation because for whatever it’s worth, I’ve tried 4 belts.

But you know, at one point I figured maybe part of my comfortability problem might be because of the non form-fitting Kydex holster that I had made for my Springfield so last weekend when I went to town, I decided to wear my Kore belt with my full size PX4 and that leather pancake holster that I bought from Beretta and even though it seemed like there might of been a little bit more comfort there, I still had to have my belt just a little too tight to hold everything up, even with better fitting jeans.

...maybe part of my comfortability problem might be because of the non form-fitting Kydex holster that I had made for my Springfield so last weekend when I went to town, I decided to wear my Kore belt with my full size PX4 and that leather pancake holster that I bought from Beretta and even though it seemed like there might of been a little bit more comfort there, I still had to have my belt just a little too tight to hold everything up, even with better fitting jeans.
    That makes sense. I'd keep looking for better holsters... It's a journey.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List