Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good gun belt.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    C,

I have to tell you, you do not make this easy. You ask a question, a CLEAR trend emerges and you refuse to accept it. When you use the "Google Custom Search Box" in the upper left and put in the word 'Kore", you get 28 hits. When you put in "Wilderness" you get 1300+.
    What am I not making easy?? We’re just discussing. And what am I refusing to accept? I’ve already stated that I was interested in the frequent flyer belt so what exactly are you talking about? But if you wanna take what I say in response as argument or asking too many questions, or overthinking anything then I don’t know what to tell you because that’s not the case. I haven’t even made a decision yet on what I want.

If you want to bet your life on a system being held up by a potmetal ratchet belt, cast and made in China-go for it. It is, in fact, a bad idea relative to any Wilderness Belt, 3 stitch, 5 stitch, polymer lined, any color, width or buckle, period. end of subject. full stop.
    I guess I wasn’t clear enough when I told someone else that I had pretty much lost a lot of interest in this belt if it is made in China, or wherever it is in Asia.

You have been given multiple 90+% solutions re guns, holsters, belts, pants, shirts etc.
    Why the need to bring up past discussions? I thought we were past that.

Let's cut to the chase:

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and hit an 8 inch circle at 3 yards in under 2 seconds, COLD, every time?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform, and do a FAST Test in under 10 seconds, COLD, every time with no points down?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform, taking a big step off line and hit an 8 inch circle at 5 yards, with 5 rounds, in under 4 secs., COLD, every time?

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and hit an 8 inch plate at 10 yrds, at will, COLD, every time with no time constraints?( bang, tink, bang, tink, bang, tink etc.)

Can you present from your preferred concealed carry system with your preferred platform and shoot a 5 shoot group at 5 yrds that you can cover with a credit card, COLD, every time?

Have you taken any formal training beyond a CCW class in the last 24 months?

get past the hardware/focus on the software.
    You’re not gonna like my answer. If like to but I haven’t done any of that. Some day I’d like to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I read that as "Batman" belt at first .

I agree. It's tempting to cheap out on belts and holsters, and save your money for more guns (or whatever), but a little more $ goes a long way. A good belt will last longer and work better. Chinese knockoffs look operator as fuck, but the ones I've seen are only good for airsoft or mall ninjas.

For OWB, you belt needs to be stiffer than for AIWB. Ares Gear is good to go, although I don't like the Aegis buckle personally.
    AS noted, they make excellent semi dress belts

Cornelius - I have a Wilderness 3-Stitch FF belt in size 42 if you'd like to try that out. PM me your address and I'll mail it to you, if you're interested.

IMHO, having tried them out, all of the "Nextbelt" style "infinitely adjustable" belts are good for light carry duties only. Mine was insufficiently stiff to support the weight of a holstered G19, and the "buckle" seemed poorly constructed. Might be a good idea for something to hold up your pants if you're NOT carrying a pistol, but otherwise, I'd suggest a hard pass.

My personal favorite belt for OWB carry (my primary method nowadays) is the Volund G-hook belt in 1.5". Infinitely adjustable, tough as nails, and holds very nicely.

One of these days I've got to spring for a nice custom leather belt, but I always shy away at the price, lead time for production, and the fact that most only have five holes, meaning if you gain or lose 2-5 pounds (a frequent issue for me), you can easily get caught between holes, and have a belt that's either too tight or too loose.

Graith

I like the Wilderness Frequent Flier for synthetic and Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen for leather.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Cornelius - I have a Wilderness 3-Stitch FF belt in size 42 if you'd like to try that out. PM me your address and I'll mail it to you, if you're interested.

IMHO, having tried them out, all of the "Nextbelt" style "infinitely adjustable" belts are good for light carry duties only. Mine was insufficiently stiff to support the weight of a holstered G19, and the "buckle" seemed poorly constructed. Might be a good idea for something to hold up your pants if you're NOT carrying a pistol, but otherwise, I'd suggest a hard pass.

My personal favorite belt for OWB carry (my primary method nowadays) is the Volund G-hook belt in 1.5". Infinitely adjustable, tough as nails, and holds very nicely.

One of these days I've got to spring for a nice custom leather belt, but I always shy away at the price, lead time for production, and the fact that most only have five holes, meaning if you gain or lose 2-5 pounds (a frequent issue for me), you can easily get caught between holes, and have a belt that's either too tight or too loose.
    Yeah, that’s why I feel like I’m kinda limited on belts because I just don’t want a traditional belt with holes in it. That’s why I liked how that Kore belt, was because of the much more adjustability.

I dunno, maybe the better leather belts won’t have to be cinched as tight. I’m just kinda reluctant to try another leather belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

Beltman and AG Gun leather have 7 hole belts available for quick ship, and cost $6 more than some of the Nextbelt offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Beltman and AG Gun leather have 7 hole belts available for quick ship, and cost $6 more than some of the Nextbelt offerings.
    Yeah, I have Beltman and some other "name production" belts but none of these are "cut on the curve" like the Sparks, Rosen, etc. That's what I was referencing - sorry about the confusion.
    Last edited by psalms144.1; 10-25-2019 at 01:37 PM.

For those who may not know this already, a regular non-contoured heavy leather gunbelt will become contoured with use.

Before adopting AIWB-style carry using Graith and Mastermind belts, I'd always carried IWB, and out of dozens of gunbelts I've long owned and used from "famous makers" (mostly Lou Alessi), they all became contoured by themselves over time.

I only once actually bought a belt pre-contoured (from Milt Sparks, when Milt was still alive), and it was fine, but it didn't do anything better than others.

Since a certain minor level of discomfort is entailed just with wearing a properly-tight leather gunbelt and a heavy-ish sidearm plus spare magazine(s), I can't say I noticed any difference in comfort.

"YMMV", just my experience, etc.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    For those who may not know this already, a regular non-contoured heavy leather gunbelt will become contoured with use.

Before adopting AIWB-style carry using Graith and Mastermind belts, I'd always carried IWB, and out of dozens of gunbelts I've long owned and used from "famous makers" (mostly Lou Alessi), they all became contoured by themselves over time.

I only once actually bought a belt pre-contoured (from Milt Sparks, when Milt was still alive), and it was fine, but it didn't do anything better than others.

Since a certain minor level of discomfort is entailed just with wearing a properly-tight leather gunbelt and a heavy-ish sidearm plus spare magazine(s), I can't say I noticed any difference in comfort.

"YMMV", just my experience, etc.
    They will contour to a bow, but not to a recurve bow, shape. Red is the only one making the recurve bow shape I'm aware of.

I agree there's no real difference in comfort. The difference with the recurve is how much weight it supports at a given tightness and it's resistance to sagging during motion.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List