Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good gun belt.

The suggestions have been rooted in experience from those who have boxes of holsters and belts that didn’t work. You’re of course free to disregard them, nobody’s ordering you to do anything. However now it would seem that your choice to disregard those suggestions are doing you no favor in that your setup isn’t panning out. That could be considered a clue.

As for addressing your issues I would suggest a less stiff belt and properly fitting pants to help with the discomfort and having to adjust your belt so your pants don’t fall down without needing adjustment. I’m not some high-speed BTDT guy but I’ve had similar issues so I’m hoping you’ll learn from that bit of experience without needing to make the same mistakes to get to where you find what works. The earlier shared video from SouthNarc really is ripe with information that one would typically have to pay for that we’ve been graciously given for free.

As for me calling your chosen course of action “ignoring advice” seeming childish to you, you’re entitled to your opinion but it certainly appears throughout the course of the thread you did choose to ignore what others were communicating.

If pocket carry is what you need to do, I don’t think anyone here condemns that unless you choose to go without utilizing something to cover the trigger guard which is unsafe. What I was railing against was the consideration of using a magnet strip to mount your gun and even provided an opinion from someone who was waaaaaay more knowledgeable than I’m likely to be on why that’s a bad idea.

Looking for a good gun belt.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    4 Months into this "journey", having spent 2x --3x what an infinitely adjustable Wilderness Belt (as in, it can made tighter or looser at will, seated or standing) , 100% Made in the USA belt would have cost you....

****** Snipped for obvious reasons*****
    Without answering all the other stuff because, let’s face it, if I can’t get past the other hurdle first then what difference does it make, yet this is twice now that you’ve asked it- why do you think this wilderness belt is soooo much more better?? Why are you so sure of this that you really think I wasted money on my other two belts? That kore belt is made much better than you give it credit for and yeah yeah, I know, it wasn’t made here so it’s trash, right??

Well as I said, it’s made way better than you give it credit for. Actually, what I should’ve done is bought the Kore belt first like I had originally intended but I decided to follow the advice of the almighty(s) and get one that I thought would be the better bet and was made right here in the good ole US of A. Please note, I’m not dawggin’ American-made products with my comment so don’t go bezerk over that- I’m just pointing out that just because my buckle was made in China that it’s not a piece of pot-metal junk like it’s been referred to.

So, I’m awaiting a real response that’s not riddled and dripping with condescension and sarcasm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    The thing I hate most about Yeager is how often I agree with him.

https://youtu.be/PCv5wFVjSwQ
    Ok, great video but uh, I have a few issues with it- I’m sure you shared it with me for a reason but again, I have a few issues well, not necessarily with it, but with why it was posted.

But see, the vehicle I’d be using this in, is in a daycab semi. My carry pistol would still be in my pocket. The gun that would get carried there, is my second gun that stays in my backpack, which leaves with me when I park the truck for the day so again just to rebut this video, neither of my guns is essentially getting left in the truck.

Now, even if I left the truck unattended for about five minutes while I went into a truckstop for example to either A, pay for fuel, or B, get something to drink/eat, use the restroom or whatever, or a combination of all three, the other gun I have wouldn’t get left there on that magnet in plain view like the dude in the video assumed. It would get put back in my backpack, or since I have this nifty little bench seat as my passenger seat that doubles as a hinged, lidded toolbox with a hasp on it, I could even go as far as getting me a padlock to secure that box. Whaddiya think? Just now thought of that.

But anywhoo, when you posted this video, I had totally different things in mind that this guy might talk about. I really didn’t expect the basically blaming of the product for human stupidity because if you remove all that, is there any other con to using that magnet to mount a pistol in a vehicle???

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    The suggestions have been rooted in experience from those who have boxes of holsters and belts that didn’t work. You’re of course free to disregard them, nobody’s ordering you to do anything. However now it would seem that your choice to disregard those suggestions are doing you no favor in that your setup isn’t panning out. That could be considered a clue.
    And I don’t doubt that at all but still, that doesn’t mean that they have all the answers. And a lot of them are dealing with different methods of carry that I’ve already stated that I’m not interested in so naturally, how do I only focus on the relevant information without being accused of “not having things pan out” just because I’m disregarding some information that I don’t think applies to me?? Some of these have been aimed towards appendix carry which again, I’m not interested in.

As for addressing your issues I would suggest a less stiff belt and properly fitting pants to help with the discomfort and having to adjust your belt so your pants don’t fall down without needing adjustment. I’m not some high-speed BTDT guy but I’ve had similar issues so I’m hoping you’ll learn from that bit of experience without needing to make the same mistakes to get to where you find what works.
    How less stiff of a belt you talking? Number one, I have two actual gun belts that aren’t near as stiff as the Volund and the Kore but they offered no support whatsoever. Both the Volund and the Kore belt do improve carrying, even with the kydex holster over my leather holster but as I said, I don’t think my problem is with stiffness; it’s with tightness, and how much I have to do to hold things up.

But moving on to clothing, I wear my work jeans a little loose because I sit for most of my day but I’m gonna tell you, whenever I go anywhere casually, and it’s wintertime- a little too cool to wear shorts, I wear dress pants which are the nicer Wrangler jeans, supposedly the George Strait jeans, if you’re familiar with those but if not, these are pretty much the same as the regular rancher/cowboy-special, dark blue denim Wranglers, but with a mild elastic stretchy waistband for comfort.

My holster/belt combo does work a little better with these jeans BUT, I’m also not sitting for near as long either. After spending the day of shopping/messin’ around, I’m still pretty-well ready to get home and take this stuff off so, even though it may be a little better than my looser fitting work jeans, it’s still not ultimately better to suggest I need different work jeans. Make sense?

The earlier shared video from SouthNarc really is ripe with information that one would typically have to pay for that we’ve been graciously given for free.
    Yes, I agree and thank you to the member who shared this but again, how does this video pertain to me?? I already told ya, I’m not in to appendix carry.

As for me calling your chosen course of action “ignoring advice” seeming childish to you, you’re entitled to your opinion but it certainly appears throughout the course of the thread you did choose to ignore what others were communicating.
    Well, I guess I can say the same thing to you, buddy; you are entitled to your opinion and if that’s how you feel then more power to ya. I don’t know of any other way to clear it up to you but it’s not ignoring. It’s just taking advice, considering it, and deciding on how I intend to use it. If you wanna still get butthurt over that, that’s your problem.

If pocket carry is what you need to do, I don’t think anyone here condemns that unless you choose to go without utilizing something to cover the trigger guard which is unsafe.
    I use a DeSantis Nemesis Ultra-sticky pocket holster.

What I was railing against was the consideration of using a magnet strip to mount your gun and even provided an opinion from someone who was waaaaaay more knowledgeable than I’m likely to be on why that’s a bad idea.
    Yeah, I read thorough that but for the most part, it was very similar to the video HB posted. I’ll let you read my reply to him regarding it.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    But anywhoo, when you posted this video, I had totally different things in mind that this guy might talk about. I really didn’t expect the basically blaming of the product for human stupidity because if you remove all that, is there any other con to using that magnet to mount a pistol in a vehicle???

Yes, yes there is. Unless you are on a stakeout squad, or belong to LAPD SIS, there is no intelligent reason to have a handgun in your vehicle that is not secured on your body or in a secure container. Have you ever seen the debris field from an accident that occurred at highway speed? Shit gets scattered a long, long ways. If you have an accident, and your firearm is not recovered, anything that happens with that firearm after that is on you. Some kid finds that gun in the road ditch, and shoots one of his little playmates? That's on you, for being irresponsible with a firearm.

In addition, you have asked questions on here, received a lot of good info, and yet you ignore it. And when people reiterate their answer's, you get all humped up and start with the whole "why so condescending" spiel.
    Coming here with the intent of learning and benefiting from others works out great.
    Coming here seeking validation for decisions made from ignorance or inexperience, not so much.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

is there any other con to using that magnet to mount a pistol in a vehicle???
    Unnecessary administrative gun handling.

The more you juggle a loaded firearm outside of its holster the greater chance you have of a negligent discharge.

And the people who gravitate towards these sorts of products tend to have the least amount of skill. Name:  86991072_10158032411399464_3846044987665940480_n.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  21.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Yes, yes there is. Unless you are on a stakeout squad, or belong to LAPD SIS, there is no intelligent reason to have a handgun in your vehicle that is not secured on your body or in a secure container. Have you ever seen the debris field from an accident that occurred at highway speed? Shit gets scattered a long, long ways. If you have an accident, and your firearm is not recovered, anything that happens with that firearm after that is on you. Some kid finds that gun in the road ditch, and shoots one of his little playmates? That's on you, for being irresponsible with a firearm.
    Yes, I volunteered on a fire department for over 6 years so uh, I’ve worked my fair share of auto accidents. This is no mystery to me but, tell me some more logical cons to this other than the drastic aftermath of an auto accident?

And excuse me for rebutting but uh, you don’t think the same problem couldn’t happen from a gun being strapped to my side, or in my pocket, if I went flying???? C’mon man, if you’re gonna resort to this type of rebuttal, at least think it through and make sense.

In addition, you have asked questions on here, received a lot of good info, and yet you ignore it.
    Nice attempt at being original- at least try to come up with something different instead of regurgitating what someone else said.

But again- just like I told the other guy who said this pretty much same exact thing, call it ignoring all ya want. That’s not what it is.

And when people reiterate their answer's, you get all humped up and start with the whole "why so condescending" spiel.
    No, it’s the condescending attitude that aims at attempting to make me look stupid and suggests I have no idea what I’m talking about. That’s... what I get “humped up” about.

Coming here with the intent of learning and benefiting from others works out great.

It does, when people try to work together and actually act like they’re trying to help, rather than act like they’re know-it-all’s, and have this shut-up and don’t speak or argue attitude.

Coming here seeking validation for decisions made from ignorance or inexperience, not so much.
    Didn’t think that happened here. Oh, wait a minute, you’re saying I’m asking for validation from the choices I made- right? Well, I haven’t done that. I just simply stated that’s what I’ve resorted to because I can’t find a feasible solution.

Unnecessary administrative gun handling.

The more you juggle a loaded firearm outside of its holster the greater chance you have of a negligent discharge.

And the people who gravitate towards these sorts of products tend to have the least amount of skill. Name:  86991072_10158032411399464_3846044987665940480_n.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  21.2 KB
    I can accept that, and respect that. But given my options, what do you suggest? I’m sure you’ve read the thread and should have a pretty good idea of the situation.

I can accept that, and respect that. But given my options, what do you suggest?
    I'd like to think I'm a fairly decent gun handler, I've spent 5 figures on my gun education but I would not want to be frequently handling a firearm outside of its holster in the cab of a truck often. Adding to the issue I would probably often be rushed. There's an old firearms instructor named Ken Hackathorn who said the only police locker room without bullet holes in the walls is one that hasn't been opened yet.

647,000 people were killed by their own heart last year, I'd probably make losing weight a priority, which would also make on-body carry more comfortable. I am soon to enter my second year of middle age and understand it can be difficult, but I've had pretty good success with intermittent fasting and would suggest that.

I'd like to think I'm a fairly decent gun handler, I've spent 5 figures on my gun education but I would not want to be frequently handling a firearm outside of its holster in the cab of a truck often. Adding to the issue I would probably often be rushed. There's an old firearms instructor named Ken Hackathorn who said the only police locker room without bullet holes in the walls is one that hasn't been opened yet.

647,000 people were killed by their own heart last year, I'd probably make losing weight a priority, which would also make on-body carry more comfortable. I am soon to enter my second year of middle age and understand it can be difficult, but I've had pretty good success with intermittent fasting and would suggest that.
    I started a low-carb diet so we’ll see how that works out.

But is my mid-section really my problem?

User Tag List