Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good gun belt.

Looking for a good gun belt.

I did a search, but I’m looking for new and updated information.

I think I’m slowly realizing that after carrying around a full-size, heavier pistol all week on my side that even this fairly expensive Crossbreed belt just ain’t cuttin’ it anymore. Worked ok for supporting a much smaller sub-compact single-stack in one of those wide Super Tuck holsters by Crossbreed but with this full-size PX4, I’m having to make the belt way too tight to hold it all up. That, and the adjustable buckle makes it even more uncomfortable just from it’s larger size.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....hlight=nichols

TL;DR: Curved belts work better and don't have to be as tight.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

My favorite belts these days are:

Assuming you are strong side carrying (since you didn't specifically mention AIWB)?

Wilderness Survival will probably be the best bet for good all around gun belt for strong side carry.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Assuming you are strong side carrying (since you didn't specifically mention AIWB)?

Wilderness Survival will probably be the best bet for good all around gun belt for strong side carry.
    Yeah, for carrying on my right side at 3, 4 o’clock. Not interested in appendix or any other IWB carry.

But I guess what I’m looking for is just a stiffer belt, one that doesn’t fold over into a fairly sharp “U” shape. I found an article on Google describing proper stiffness and rigidity but now I can’t find it. Lol. I’m pretty sure you know what I’m talking about without being able to reference the article I found.

But are these the bels you’re talking about? And does it matter if a belt says it’s made for appendix carry or are pretty much all belts made the same as far as terms of what method you chose to carry?

Kinda liking this one.

https://www.koreessentials.com/produ...-tactical-belt

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Yeah, for carrying on my right side at 3, 4 o’clock. Not interested in appendix or any other IWB carry.

But I guess what I’m looking for is just a stiffer belt, one that doesn’t fold over into a fairly sharp “U” shape. I found an article on Google describing proper stiffness and rigidity but now I can’t find it. Lol. I’m pretty sure you know what I’m talking about without being able to reference the article I found.

But are these the bels you’re talking about? And does it matter if a belt says it’s made for appendix carry or are pretty much all belts made the same as far as terms of what method you chose to carry?

I won't get into the myriad of varying types of belts on the market or their marketing purposes, I will only say that AIWB required a very specific belt design to be comfortable and concealable.

For traditional IWB at 3 - 4 o'clock you can do well with a stiff belt.

The wilderness survival instructor belt is probably the best "go to" belt on the market for stiffness, especially their 5 stitch. I did a review a long time ago on one, and I still have it to this day - http://www.vdmsr.com/2013/07/the-ori...-tactical.html - The belt just does well for OWB and traditional IWB setups. There are a lot of options for them. They have a 5 stitch that's probably the most stiff you'll find on the market, though they do offer a polymer lined one now that I've yet to try out. I'd recommend trying this belt out in your own configuration as it's the stiffest option.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    To echo VM:

Wilderness 5 Stitch Frequent Flyer Belt

The old school/school house solution is still a top choice.
    Infinitely adjustable
    Incredibly Durable
    Made in the USA by good folks
    50ish shipped to your door all day long

https://www.thewilderness.com/belts/...nt-flyer-belt/

Absent carrying a 5 inch all steel 1911, 2 mags, cuffs, flashlight etc. 5 stitch is plenty stiff for IWB/OWB. I actually use my older polymer wilderness FF belts for AIWB as I owned them before I went AIWB and they work fine for me despite being overkill for the application.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 10-23-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I won't get into the myriad of varying types of belts on the market or their marketing purposes, I will only say that AIWB required a very specific belt design to be comfortable and concealable.
    Wasn’t asking you to get scientific, I was just curious if there had to be a special belt with appendix carry in mind, and if that same belt would still work well for other methods of carry.

For traditional IWB at 3 - 4 o'clock you can do well with a stiff belt.

The wilderness survival instructor belt is probably the best "go to" belt on the market for stiffness, especially their 5 stitch. I did a review a long time ago on one, and I still have it to this day - http://www.vdmsr.com/2013/07/the-ori...-tactical.html - The belt just does well for OWB and traditional IWB setups. There are a lot of options for them. They have a 5 stitch that's probably the most stiff you'll find on the market, though they do offer a polymer lined one now that I've yet to try out. I'd recommend trying this belt out in your own configuration as it's the stiffest option.
    Thank you.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    For a traditional gun belt, I have had good luck with Beltman bullhide reinforced belts. I wear one every day, usually a 1.5 inch unit.
    Last edited by Medusa; 10-23-2019 at 11:08 AM.

User Tag List