Thread: John Hearne / Rangemaster Combative Pistol Skills - Level 1 - Tupelo, MS 11/9 & 11/30

John Hearne / Rangemaster Combative Pistol Skills - Level 1 - Tupelo, MS 11/9 & 11/30

Trigger Time Indoor Shooting Center is hosting this eight-hour pistol class with offerings on 11/9/19 and 11/30/19. The class will be not be indoors but held at a private shooting facility in the Tupelo, MS area.

This is the first offering of a local, one-day format so there is an introductory price of $125. Class size is limited to the first twelve students who register. To register, contact the range at 662-269-2340.

Combative Pistol Skills - Level 1

This intensive course covers the skills involved in fighting with a handgun. This course is designed expressly for the armed citizen who carries a concealed handgun, or the plain clothes or off-duty police officer.

Topics covered include:
    • Concealed carry presentation
    • Efficient gun handling techniques
    • Reloading techniques
    • High speed accuracy at close ranges
    • Precision and mid-range shooting
    • Proper shooting cadence
    • Introduction to defensive mindset and situational awareness
    • Skill sustainment strategies

Expect to fire 350 rounds and engage in structured dry practice initially.

You will need a good handgun, holster, belt, and magazine pouch, at least three magazines, a ball cap and concealment garment (vest, jacket, windbreaker, etc), eye and ear protection, and rain gear (we train rain or shine). Leather or kydex holsters are fineóPLEASE NO flimsy nylon or cloth holsters. AIWB carry is allowed.

Instructor Info
    John Hearne has been a law enforcement officer since 1992 and teaches firearms, tactics, and use of force for his agency. He has 1500 hours of firearms and tactical training including the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), FBI Police Firearms Instructor, FBI Patrol Rifle, NRA LEAD Tactical Shooting, and many others.

John has been an instructor for Tom Givens of Rangemaster since 2001. As an instructor, John has traveled the country, teaching numerous handgun, shotgun, rifle, and instructor classes for private citizens, law enforcement, and military personnel.

John has shot competitively, winning local and national level tactical events as well as numerous top ten finishes.

He is a noted author, researcher, and presenter with expertise in human stress performance, the Miami-FBI Firefight, and the Newhall Massacre. He has spoken and taught at national and international training events since 2005. John is a frequent guest on notable podcasts including Ballistic Radio, the American Warrior Society, and Civilian Carry Radio.

Johnís complete training resume can be found at https://rangemaster.com/about/john-hearne/
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I interview the guy and suddenly he thinks people will pay him.
    Last edited by jlw; 10-22-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Heck, he just got interviewed on another one that hit my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Trigger Time Indoor Shooting Center is hosting this eight-hour pistol class with offerings on 11/9/19 and 11/30/19. The class will be not be indoors but held at a private shooting facility in the Tupelo, MS area.

I've studied under Ranger Hearne, in addition to attending his lectures. He's a fine pistol instructor with strong organizational and coaching skills; I'd expect the class in question to deliver very high value. It's also a crazy good bargain.

User Tag List