Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spikes vs Aero or ?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

Spikes vs Aero or ?

LGS has some Spikes lowers. I'd prefer Aero just because I have some with no drama. But, any reason not to get Spikes? Are they bad? Doesn't Aero make Spikes anyway? Will I get made fun of in class? So many questions.

I have both.

Spikes- I bought three in 2008, a few months before the election, just in case Obama was elected. One of them was immediately built into an AR and has been great. The other two were put into the safe and Iater gave one to my son when he turned 18. When we went to put on his buffer tube, it would not thread completely into the threads. Long story short, I called Spikes, they picked it up on their dime, said the lower met specs, but went ahead and replaced it.

The Aero was purchased earlier this year, has been on a 5.56 pistol build with around 200 rounds, no problems.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    LGS has some Spikes lowers. I'd prefer Aero just because I have some with no drama. But, any reason not to get Spikes? Are they bad? Doesn't Aero make Spikes anyway? Will I get made fun of in class? So many questions.
    No reason not to. You won’t get made fun of.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    No reason not to. You won’t get made fun of.
    Disagree. Spikes is probably the number one brand I see get made fun of because of the dick thing. Wether you should care or not is a different story and I’m not saying I’d expect it to happen, but I do expect it to be more likely with spikes than any other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Disagree. Spikes is probably the number one brand I see get made fun of because of the dick thing. Wether you should care or not is a different story and I’m not saying I’d expect it to happen, but I do expect it to be more likely with spikes than any other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Made fun of online by people you’ll never see, maybe. But you think some rando at a class is going to come up to OP and say “HA ha. Your roll mark is stupid.” How juvenile would that be? I can’t see it ever happening, but if it did it would just point out who I don’t want to have dinner with.

Spikes isn't bad.

For the money I'd stick to Aero.

Also may be worth saving a penny and getting a KAC lower...they are legit awesome.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I have a Spike's lower that I used for a pistol build. No issues with it
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I would choose an Aero lower over a Spike's for a few reasons. In no particular order:

•The Spike's spider logo looks like two dicks and it can't be unseen.
    •They make some vomit inducing awful meme tier theme lowers, Spartan, Crusader, Waterboard Instructor, Snowflake Melter, and probably a few I've forgotten.
    •They are big among Threepers and the SOE crowd.

Aero has avoided the meme lower market with the exception of the Yeet Cannon which is the least gag worthy of the meme lowers. I don't know if Spike's makes a "stealth" lower like PSA does that doesn't have a logo, just a SN and their name and city, but I'd opt for that if it's an option. PSA has some retarded meme theme lowers too.

I have an 11.5" FN made Spike's CHF barrel, and other than being over gassy in comparison to my BCM ELW 11.5" and 6933, it's a good barrel, so it's not like I'm just bad mouthing a company and don't own any of their products. I'm just not into the whole threeper inspired logos thing.

This isn't meant to cause inflammation of the buttocks region of any Spike's owners, just pointing out why they get laughed at online. If you have a Spike's and like it, rock on.

Site Supporter
    I have used 4 Spikes lowers on builds. They are good to go. They do have many different options as to lower logos. I am partial to skulls, so have the Punisher skull. I have never encountered anyone making fun of anyone's AR.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

User Tag List