Thread: S&W 2.0 .40 4” conversion barrel

S&W 2.0 .40 4” conversion barrel

I love my M&P 2.0 4” .40. I just bought one after a lifetime owning over 20 Glock’s. I made the move because it is softer shooting than a Glock 23 I owned. Getting a 40-9 conversion barrel for a Glock was always 1 click away. The only 40-9 remedy I can find is from Apex Tactical and that is a straight 9mm barrel that will require $175 to purchase and another $70 for fitting. My questions are:

1-Does anyone know of a place to buy a 4” 40-9 conversion barrel for an M&P 2.0 compact?

2-Can I just buy a “plain” 4” 9mm barrel and drop that in? I’d prefer a drop in barrel rather than one that needs gunsmithing. I’m trying to save $ doing this.

3-Is Apex my only option here? Their solution is pretty spendy just to be able to shoot a 2nd cartridge. Please don’t tell me to just buy another 9mm. I already have 6 9mm Glocks. I’m looking for a relatively inexpensive way to become more proficient with the new platform.

Thanks for your help

https://kkmprecision.com/product-category/mp/

They make a 4 inch conversion barrel but the link on the website is dead. Might have to call and inquire about it. No fitting needed.
    Last edited by andre3k; 10-21-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks. I’ll call them tomorrow. This is what I keep running into. Conversion barrels for 4.25 and 3.5 and none for 4.0. I’ll report back after calling KKM.

Site Supporter
    Not the answer that you asked for but note that price is so low on Shields that you might consider buying a second gun in 9mm.

I had a factory 9mm that I used to drop into my 40 and it perked right along. Never really checked accuracy, lots of reasons it should be but dunno.

I fit one of the Apex Semi Fit in my 9mm and it was simple, I meant to check to see how it fit in my 40 before I started.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I had a factory 9mm that I used to drop into my 40 and it perked right along. Never really checked accuracy, lots of reasons it should be but dunno.

I fit one of the Apex Semi Fit in my 9mm and it was simple, I meant to check to see how it fit in my 40 before I started.

Was yours a regular 9mm and not a conversion barrel? I’m not concerned about barrel hood sizes. I wonder if there would be a breech face issue. I can get a 4” 9mm barrel from Faxon Firearms for $200

Quote Originally Posted by rangerover View Post
    Was yours a regular 9mm and not a conversion barrel? I’m not concerned about barrel hood sizes. I wonder if there would be a breech face issue. I can get a 4” 9mm barrel from Faxon Firearms for $200
    Yes, it was common to just drop in a 9mm factory barrel and they would work. I speculate a $200 Apex barrel that requires simple fitting with files might work great.

Final solution

I’m going with the Apex Tactical 4” threaded 9mm drop in barrel. It’s $200. KKM had nothing in 4”. Barsto is $240 and plus smithing. Apex says their barrels are designed to work in this application.

Thanks to all for your replies
    Last edited by rangerover; 10-22-2019 at 03:48 PM.

User Tag List