Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson DWX

More I think about this, the more I like it. Kinda like a 2011.

Anyone else think it's odd to have a 1911 front sight dovetail but a CZ rear? Are they trying to prevent folks from buying a set?

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    More I think about this, the more I like it. Kinda like a 2011.

Anyone else think it's odd to have a 1911 front sight dovetail but a CZ rear? Are they trying to prevent folks from buying a set?

-Cory
    I thought that was odd too.

I get why they do stuff like this, but it's still dumb. A Novak 1911 dovetail will give you a lot of options for the most part. Though not as many as opting for say...a Glock setup.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    so wait...is it going to be unreliable because it's a 2011 or reliablefragile because it's a CZ?

Fify
    Ignore Alien Orders

As a P09 owner with 13x $44 mags, I really hope this is compatible with P09 mags, rather then using mags based on the P09 aka incompatible with previous mags.

*le sigh*

Put this at the top of the list of $1k+ pistols I need to buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I would think by now that these types of pistols should come out of the gate with an optics ready design.

Can't wait to see the specs on the compact.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 10-22-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    I would think by now that these types of pistols should come out of the gate with an optics ready design.

Can't wait to see the specs on the compact.
    Yup. If they offered it cut for optics AND included mounting plates in the box (lookin at you, CZ), I'd consider grabbing one, since I'm sitting on ten 19 rd P10F mags....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I am purely assuming here. But with a adjustable rear maybe they like the fact of all the options for a 1911 front. This was we can just change the front to our liking and have the rear adjustability to set poi. Not saying it’s the brightest move, but CZ front options are less than a 1911.

Optics ready would be great. I imagine with the way they roll the figure this model is the best seller. Then compact. Then optics ready.

Hopefully as far as the p09/p10 mag compatibility maybe it is simply a different baseplate to work with this gun. Wonder why the compact would not have the p07/p10 mags though? Maybe making sure the overall height stays low with the compact gun? Idk.

I really like this design and price range. I have never had a CZ let me down. I also do not care if it’s not necessarily traditional. To me a 1911 is a single stack gun. Anything else I just want that sweet trigger and reliability built in. Just this dudes opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sexy looking pistol, hope it works. My thoughts, none of which are new or not previously expressed:

1. Not optics ready from the factory? Seriously? WTF are they thinking - who is NOT running an optic on a gun obviously designed for competition. I mean, the MFing HELLCAT comes OR - IMHO, very big "miss" for CZ/DW
    2. Magazines - not sure what "compatible" means - but if CZ/DW want this thing to have legs, I would HOPE they make it compatible with the magazines for their newest released pistols - the P10 series. Not sure why they'd drop back to the CZ75C for the smaller mag - makes no sense.
    3. With a decent, workable rear sight, IDC about the front so much. DW dovetails aren't Novak specc'ed anyway, so unless they address this in the DWX, they're self-limiting on sight options.
    4. That full length rail is an abomination for anyone not needing a pistol bayonet. Hopefully on the compact they revert to a more traditional partial rail underlug.

We'll see. If this thing markets in the $1500 range, it might be a contender, ASSUMING it works, it's reliable, and accurate.

From their own statements, it was initially designed as a USPSA Limited gun. Which doesn't allow optics. Carry Optics doesn't allow single action triggers. So with the concept initially being that it's a game gun, I can see why they don't have an optics option. I would think that making an optics ready version would be a smart idea down the road, but I wonder if Wesson actually has the capacity to build that many to begin with.

User Tag List