Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson DWX

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Make me a aluminum framed one and I’ll be very interested. Make a carry version and I’ll buy in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This squared!

Schwing!

This may be my next pistol purchase- especially if they do a compact carry version.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Perhaps, I am wrong since I did not see this gun yet but I think this is a solution without a problem. Pure marketing.
    I have shot CZ SAO guns in USPSA Limited a LOT. The triggers on all my CZ TSOs were amazing. That is not where CZs (Not only BTW) were lacking. I am shooting a 2011 now not because it has a better trigger. As a matter of fact, the TSO's trigger is better. However, the 2011 tracks noticeably better in recoil. As much as I loved my CZ, I confirmed that my times on the standard drills were better right away even with compromised gun handling with the new (To me) gun. When I was shooting the heads I was surprised how fast my gun was returning back to the targets. If the slide to frame fit is the same on this new gun, the trigger is not going to make any difference. Obviously it does not really matter on the 90% targets in the most of the shooting sports.

The price of course is hard to beat comparing to any decent 2011s.
    Last edited by cheby; 10-21-2019 at 05:17 PM.

This looks awesome!

The fact that the compact uses thinner CZ75 magazines suggest they are serious about making it an actual carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Not really, though...Staccato-Ps are $1999 all over Gunbroker right now. Which means the DWX needs to come in at $1500, preferably with 4-5 mags, to really by a price bargain, by comparison.

I do think it's true - if it can work with CZ mags and all the various extensions they are knocking on something here.

I do agree the compelling question is - What's this thing going to offer that a TSO doesn't?

Still...

I think I need one of these. And a TSO.

Hell, if it's a match-grade 9mm handgun, chances are I want one (or two...or twelve).

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    If this gun runs well with a wide range of ammo, with stock mags and aftermarket extensions, that's huge.
    A double stack that works off of commonly available mags? This will cause me difficulty to keep my eye on a couple of near term financial goals I am focused on. This could also place my 1301 mad money fund in serious danger...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

This part stuck out to me...

"Full-size DWX pistols use a magazine based on the P-09/P-10 F, while compact variants use that of a 75 Compact."
    Last edited by StraitR; 10-21-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    This part stuck out to me...

"Full-size DWX pistols use a magazine based on the P-09/P-10 F, while compact variants use that of a 75 Compact."
    As the owner of a P-09, this comment sticks out to me too.
    David S.

I’m not excited. I am very happy with the performance of my CZ Tac Sport and Tac Sport Orange. The magazines are very reliable, and the inside-out frame to slide fit is what I prefer. I like that I can place skid tape on the frame where a go-pedal would attach. I can use my support thumb on the frame to control recoil.

It does not look like the DWX allows this capability. Compared to a TS and a TSO, I’m not sure what a DWX does for me. Yes the trigger is a linear slider, but like Cheby said, my TS and TSO have great triggers.

I will wait and see. Maybe a Bull Shadow2 is better for me than a DWX.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Perhaps, I am wrong since I did not see this gun yet but I think this is a solution without a problem. Pure marketing.
    I have shot CZ SAO guns in USPSA Limited a LOT. The triggers on all my CZ TSOs were amazing. That is not where CZs (Not only BTW) were lacking. I am shooting a 2011 now not because it has a better trigger. As a matter of fact, the TSO's trigger is better. However, the 2011 tracks noticeably better in recoil. As much as I loved my CZ, I confirmed that my times on the standard drills were better right away even with compromised gun handling with the new (To me) gun. When I was shooting the heads I was surprised how fast my gun was returning back to the targets. If the slide to frame fit is the same on this new gun, the trigger is not going to make any difference. Obviously it does not really matter on the 90% targets in the most of the shooting sports.

Do you think the difference in tracking is due to the slide weight?

I know my 9mm 1911’s track much better for me than any of the CZ’s I’ve owned.

I’ve heard several accomplished shooters state similar things as you did, and they attributed it to slide weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List