Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson DWX

Site Supporter
    I wouldn’t call it a 1911/cz baby but a right bastard it is. I look forward to shooting one

Site Supporter
    so wait...is it going to be unreliable because it's a 2011 or reliable because it's a CZ?

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    so wait...is it going to be unreliable because it's a 2011 or reliable because it's a CZ?
    Double reliable.

It'll be as reliable as a 2011 and as reliable as a competition tuned CZ.

I'm still interested.

____

FYI web-page tells us there will be a "carry" model in the future...

Full-size DWX pistols use a magazine based on the P-09/P-10 F, while compact variants use that of a 75 Compact.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 10-21-2019 at 01:19 PM.

"ooohhhh Myyyy"

That is very intriguing particularly since the market is currently missing an about 2K limited gun
    Last edited by Artemas2; 10-21-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Site Supporter
    That is really cool. Seems like a legit "best of both worlds" play. Seems like the trigger is what brings people to the 1911. Now you can have it in your CZ.

The magazines will be the key to success or lack of it. 2011 (and 1911) mags are the weakest part of the design. If this gun runs well with a wide range of ammo, with stock mags and aftermarket extensions, that's huge.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Details on the full-sized are available, but personally I'd be hard pressed to conceal a gun whose height approaches 6 inches. That's open carry territory, that is.

If the (previously mentioned) Compact would fit into a G-19 sized box, I'd be quite interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The magazines will be the key to success or lack of it. 2011 (and 1911) mags are the weakest part of the design. If this gun runs well with a wide range of ammo, with stock mags and aftermarket extensions, that's huge.
    Could not have said it better myself.

The newer STI 2011 products seem to be shipping with better magazines but in reality it is still a 1911 that has been converted to a double stack. The CZ has always been a double stack, and this design puts the best thing about a 1911 inside of it. I wonder if it will be approved for IDPA
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Oh man, a commander size would have me!

Love my CZs and my DWs. The TCP and ECP stylistically where the first pistols they launched that looked like CZ styling was creeping in to the Dan Wesson product line. I thought both of those pistols were an interesting and frankly good looking adaptation of 1911 styling.

I also have an STI Staccato C and have shot two of their double-stacks (DVC, Stacatto P) and love those.

This might be the most intriguing “bastard” 1911/2011/SP-01 of them all! The price is certainly good (will settle at ~$1500-1600 retail probably) which puts it right at 9mm TSO range...but with some 1911 ergos. This will be VERY interesting!

User Tag List