Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson DWX

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    So trigger and thumb safety are 1911 . . . are the slide dimensions like a 1911 (for width)?

Thx
    From a diff forum:

"...dwx is a little shorter from top of the slide to bottom of the rail than a railed 1911 and a little bit wider at both the slide and frame (~24.1mm dust cover width, ~24.9 slide width.)"

Looks like the wait will be even longer now. From their FB page.

To our loyal customers, dealers, distributors and partners,

Due to the ongoing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, many jurisdictions throughout the United States and the world are experiencing government restrictions limiting activity to varying degrees.

Dan Wesson operations are subject to an Emergency Order from our local government which forces us to close our facilities in Norwich, New York. Likewise, our CZ-USA facility in Kansas City, Kansas was closed under similar circumstances due to an order from the state of Kansas until at least April 23rd.

For the next 30 days, production and shipment delays are inevitable. We apologize for the inconvenience we know this will cause -- we hold our nation's Second Amendment rights to be sacred and are very concerned about the impact that emergency orders will have on our customers. We will work diligently to deliver products as soon as legally possible, while maintaining social responsibility and compliance with government orders.

To all of the Dan Wesson family, we hope that you stay healthy, safe and secure in the coming weeks. Make wise decisions -- we'll see you on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Looks like the wait will be even longer now. From their FB page.
    As a point of reference, I'm from that neck of the woods originally. I took my drivers test at Norwich DMV, and got groceries there as a kid.

My family and friends at home are on lockdown. Nobody travels anywhere and everyone stays at home. Plus, I think they just got over 6" of snow. That entire region is staying at home. I imagine grocery stores are open, but everyone there is on social media far more than normal.

Chenango Memorial Hospital in Norwich has a terrible reputation. Cooperstown hospital is where most people chose to go. I know they have confirmed cases. People up there think things are overblown, but still scary, and fear the police enough to do what they're told and stay home.

My Grandmother is moving out of that area by necessity very soon. They are concerned about being on the road to move out of state due to lockdown. That is the mentality.

-Cory

Any updates on this?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

They were shut down for most of April. It's probably going to be a long road back to full production. I'm thinking maybe July (at best) before these are available.

Hopefully that will give me time to rebuild my gun money budget. Because I sure do have the itch.

They were shut down for most of April. It's probably going to be a long road back to full production. I'm thinking maybe July (at best) before these are available.

Hopefully that will give me time to rebuild my gun money budget. Because I sure do have the itch.
    They’re still shut down for the most part. They hope to be up and running by June.

I'm thinking maybe July (at best) before these are available.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    They hope to be up and running by June.
    It's December now, did the shop re-open?

Name:  D4F9A5D0-8CEF-4773-9209-374B0221D2DB.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  27.9 KB
    Has anyone seen one of these out in the retail world yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Name:  D4F9A5D0-8CEF-4773-9209-374B0221D2DB.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  27.9 KB
    Has anyone seen one of these out in the retail world yet?
    Still vaporware.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Still vaporware.
    Soon! (tm)
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List